Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » pde.exportPlugins task does nothing
pde.exportPlugins task does nothing [message #605684] Wed, 28 April 2010 17:02
Olivier Cailloux is currently offline Olivier CaillouxFriend
Hello,

I am trying to build from eclipse an open source project (https://sourceforge.net/projects/decision-deck/) providing several OSGi plug-ins. To export the plug-ins, I normally simply should run the http://decision-deck.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/decision-dec k/1.1/org.decisiondeck.dist/build.xml?view=markup ant script, which calls a http://decision-deck.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/decision-dec k/1.1/org.decisiondeck.dist/dist.xml?view=markup script which uses several pde.exportPlugins tasks to export all the appropriate plug-ins.

Even with a fresh eclipse install (SDK 3.5.2 for linux-gtk) and a fresh workspace, the pde.exportPlugins does nothing. It is indeed called, and it creates the destination folder if it does not exist, but it does not export the expected jars. There is something wrong with my settings or my install because other developers are able to build the project with the same build file on their computer, and I was able to build it as well using a previous computer.

Also I installed the activej plug-in from http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/35/update, and when activating the weaving before the build it shows errors related to weaving. I don't know if this could be the cause of my problem. But AFAIU the build should work even without the weaving (and it does not).

How can I get a clue about what's wrong? E.g. is there some way to make the task tell me where it is looking for? (One possible explanation is that it is for some strange reason looking in the wrong folder and does not find the plugins, although the -data directory seems to be set correctly to /home/olivier/workspace-SDK where the plug-ins indeed lie.)

Here below, what appears in the console when running the ant task with the -verbose switch (and weaving activated). Any help or pointer would be much appreciated. Also please tell me if there is a more appropriate place on which I should ask the question.
Olivier

Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on June 27 2008
Buildfile: /home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/build.xml
parsing buildfile /home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/build.xml with URI = file:/home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/build .xml
Project base dir set to: /home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist
[antlib:org.apache.tools.ant] Could not load definitions from resource org/apache/tools/ant/antlib.xml. It could not be found.
Build sequence for target(s) `default' is [default]
Complete build sequence is [default, ]
default:
parsing buildfile jar:file:/usr/local/share/eclipse-SDK-3.5.2-linux-gtk/plugin s/org.apache.ant_1.7.1.v20090120-1145/lib/ant.jar!/org/apach e/tools/ant/types/resources/comparators/antlib.xml with URI = jar:file:/usr/local/share/eclipse-SDK-3.5.2-linux-gtk/plugin s/org.apache.ant_1.7.1.v20090120-1145/lib/ant.jar!/org/apach e/tools/ant/types/resources/comparators/antlib.xml
[java] Executing '/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java' with arguments:
[java] '-Xmx512M'
[java] '-DbaseLocation=/usr/local/share/eclipse-SDK-3.5.2-linux-gtk /'
[java] '-classpath'
[java] '/usr/local/share/eclipse-SDK-3.5.2-linux-gtk/plugins/org.ec lipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar'
[java] 'org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main'
[java] '-Declipse.home=/usr/local/share/eclipse-SDK-3.5.2-linux-gtk /'
[java] '-Dexport.source=false'
[java] '-Dtarget.platform=linux-gtk'
[java] '-Dtarget.version=VER'
[java] '-configuration'
[java] 'file:/usr/local/share/eclipse-SDK-3.5.2-linux-gtk//configur ation'
[java] '-application'
[java] 'org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner'
[java] '-data'
[java] '/home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/..'
[java] '-buildfile'
[java] '/home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/dist.xml'
[java]
[java] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
[java] not part of the command.
[java] [org.eclipse.contribution.weaving.jdt] error at org/eclipse/contribution/jdt/IsWovenTester.aj::0 class 'org.eclipse.contribution.jdt.IsWovenTester' is already woven and has not been built in reweavable mode
[java] [org.eclipse.contribution.weaving.jdt] error at org/eclipse/contribution/jdt/IsWovenTester.aj::0 class 'org.eclipse.contribution.jdt.IsWovenTester$WeavingMarker' is already woven and has not been built in reweavable mode
[java] Buildfile: /home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/dist.xml
[java] d2:init:
[java] [mkdir] Created dir: /home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/build
[java] [mkdir] Created dir: /home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/build/linu x-gtk
[java] [mkdir] Created dir: /home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/build/linu x-gtk/configuration
[java] d2:osgi:bundles:core:
[java] [org.eclipse.contribution.weaving.jdt] error at org/eclipse/contribution/jdt/sourceprovider/SourceTransforme rAspect.aj::0 class 'org.eclipse.contribution.jdt.sourceprovider.SourceTransform erAspect' is already woven and has not been built in reweavable mode
[java] d2:osgi:bundles:lib:
[java] d2:osgi:bundles:remoting:
[java] d2:osgi:bundles:methods:
[java] d2:osgi:ext:
[java] [copy] Copying 5 files to /home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/build/linu x-gtk/plugins
[java] d2:osgi:
[java] d2:runtime:files:
[java] [copy] Copying 3 files to /home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/build/linu x-gtk
[java] [copy] Copying 4 files to /home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/build/linu x-gtk
[java] d2:build:
[java] [zip] Building zip: /home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/dist/decis iondeck-VER-linux-gtk.zip
[java] d2:zip:
[java] [delete] Deleting directory /home/olivier/workspace-SDK/org.decisiondeck.dist/build
[java] BUILD SUCCESSFUL
[java] BUILD SUCCESSFUL
[java] Total time: 25 seconds
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 32 seconds
Previous Topic:pde.exportPlugins task does nothing
Next Topic:Plugin with graphic editor like the one for MANIFEST.MF of many plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:13:16 GMT 2024