Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » How to get method bindings with AsmHierarchyBuilder?
How to get method bindings with AsmHierarchyBuilder? [message #595754] Tue, 16 January 2007 16:56
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: m.bartsch.rdg.ac.uk

Hi,

I am trying to analyze AspectJ code and would like to retrieve method bindings from a method call
that appears in a source code file. I would like to know, for example, what is the return type of
the method call and what is the type of the object whose method is invoked.

Another reply to a similar email revealed that using an AjAST visitor does not seem to work (yet).
So I tried to find another way and found AsmHierachyBuilder. So far, I found out that the following
needs to be done:

1. Subclass AsmHierachyBuilder and implement the visit methods that I am interested in.
2. Register this visitor with Ajde.getDefault().getBuildManager().setAsmHierarchyBuilder
3. Compile the project. (?)

I have three questions:

1. Is this approach correct and might be the right way to obtain method bindings?
2. How do I compile an AspectJ project in Eclipse programmatically so that my registered
AsmHierarchyBuilder will be used? So far, I only saw solutions that passed a config.lst file to the
Ajde.getDefault().getBuildManager().build() method. I would like to avoid creating a config.lst
file, since there must already be a build configuration present in Eclipse. My code will run in an
Eclipse plugin.

Thanks a lot for your help and support,

Marc.
Previous Topic:An internal error occurred during: "BuildConfiguration change action".
Next Topic:How to get method bindings with AsmHierarchyBuilder?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:55:05 GMT 2024