Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PDT 2.2 "Open declaration" is broken
PDT 2.2 "Open declaration" is broken [message #557958] Thu, 09 September 2010 15:42 Go to next message
Diogo Barioni Abdalla is currently offline Diogo Barioni AbdallaFriend
Ok, so i switched from 2.1 to 2.2 Helios, because I was getting nuts with the horribly general slowness of Eclipse and heard that Helios was faster.

Well, it is! So for some days I was really happy about it. Unfortunately, it is broken on some very important features.

Like the "open declaration" feature. I need this working. If I didnt cared about it, I would use a simple text editor. The #1 reason I use eclipse is because I can ctrl+click (or F3) at any function or method and I will be taken to its declaration.

But in the new PDT, this works for some methods, and not for others. Whats is strange is that the IDE will show a method on the code completion, and then will be unable to finde its declaration once its written.

It seems to be related with hierarchy. For example:

$sel = new Zend_Form_Element_Select();
		foreach($this->_opts as $key=>$value)
		{
			$sel->addMultiOption($key, $value);
		}//foreach this->_opts as key => value
		$sel->loadDefaultDecorators();

Here, open declaration will work for "addMultiOption", but will not work for "loadDefaultDecorators". The difference between those 2 methods is that the first is declared on "Zend_Form_Element_Multi" (which "Zend_Form_Element_Select" extends), and the latter is declared on the base class "Zend_Form_Element".

PDT, however, knows about "loadDefaultDecorators": it is show in the code completion. But cant find it for "open declaration".

Therefore, it is broken. Ive been insisting on eclipse, despite all its issues. But I am about to give up. In fact, I will be using Netbeans at least until I can get "open declaration" working properly again, because I need it and annoys the heck out of me when I want to use it and its not avaliable. And I cant go back to that crawling resourse hogger that was the last version.

Unless there is something wrong with my eclipse. Is anyone else having this problem?

[Updated on: Thu, 09 September 2010 15:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PDT 2.2 "Open declaration" is broken [message #558307 is a reply to message #557958] Sat, 11 September 2010 00:43 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Confirmed on 'Eclipse for PHP Developers' package.
F3 doesn't work on "loadDefaultDecorators()".
But latest build 2.2.0/M201008260421(2010/08/26) doesn't have this problem. F3 works well.
You can try it or wait next release 2.2SR1(Helios SR1) scheduled on this month.

Helios/Simultaneous Release Plan - Eclipsepedia
Previous Topic:Editor extremely slow when working in large file
Next Topic:Incorrect background color
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:28:26 GMT 2024