Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » ACTF » aDesigner(Visualization error and dynamic content)
icon5.gif  aDesigner [message #554848] Tue, 24 August 2010 14:27 Go to next message
Rod  is currently offline Rod Friend
I am trying to use aDesigner to assess the accessibility of a web app. The blind visualization seems to ignore dynamically created content and with some screens I get nothing at all. Watching the status bar closely I can see that 'Visualization Error' pops up momentarily. Is there any way I can get more information about this error or does anyone have any tips to get this working?
Re: aDesigner [message #674339 is a reply to message #554848] Thu, 26 May 2011 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kentarou Fukuda is currently offline Kentarou FukudaFriend
Hi,

Excuse me for this very late reply.

To check dynamic content, would you please try to modify aDesigner's preferences?

1. Open "Preferences" from "Window" menu or "Open settings dialog" button.
2. Select "Accessibility Evaluation" under "ACTF" category.
3. Select "Use parsed DOM in browser" option in "Check target" option.
4. Press "OK" and visualize target page again

By using this setting, aDesigner tries to check current DOM structure in the browser.
I hope this helps you.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kentarou
Re: aDesigner [message #1062396 is a reply to message #674339] Fri, 07 June 2013 14:14 Go to previous message
Domains Manager is currently offline Domains ManagerFriend
Hello,

I realize that this is an old topic, but hopefully some additional insight can be provided for instances when "Visualization Error" appears even after "Use parsed DOM in browser" is the selected option. We've built two websites that use the same JavaScript routine for rotating banners. On one site, aDesigner can visualize without issues the page on which the banners appear, but on the other site, aDesigner can only visualize pages where the banners are absent. Since both sites use the same JavaScript code, one would think that aDesigner would function the same when visualizing both sites, but oddly it doesn't.

Is there any insight that anyone might have in this regard?
Previous Topic:How to access Visual Editor in Indigo.?
Next Topic:connecting usb with eclipse juno
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:47:03 GMT 2024