Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo tooling for Eclipse
Virgo tooling for Eclipse [message #546924] Wed, 14 July 2010 15:45 Go to next message
Eric Hough is currently offline Eric HoughFriend
I'm very excited to switch over to Virgo from Spring dm Server, but one thing holding me back is lack of tool support. I became quite accustomed to using Spring dm Server Tools to deploy/debug my app without leaving Eclipse.

Any word on when such tooling would be available for Virgo? I have essentially no PDE skills, but would be willing to contribute in any way that could help.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Re: Virgo tooling for Eclipse [message #546926 is a reply to message #546924] Wed, 14 July 2010 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Good news! The dm Server tools will be donated to Eclipse and meanwhile they have been upgraded to support Virgo. Very Happy

See this blog for the necessary info.
Re: Virgo tooling for Eclipse [message #546960 is a reply to message #546926] Wed, 14 July 2010 18:00 Go to previous message
That's great news indeed! Just tested it out and it works perfectly.

One thing which may or may not be a bug. I downloaded virgo-kernel-2.1.0.M02-incubation, as I'm not using any of the web features, and the tools initially wouldn't let me select it as a valid server installation.

The workaround was to modify Virgo's lib/.version file and change
virgo.kernel.version
to
virgo.server.version

I'm sure if I downloaded the full Virgo web server I wouldn't have had to take this step, and I'm crossing my fingers that I won't run into any surprises down the road by making this change.

Thanks again.
Re: Virgo tooling for Eclipse [message #590460 is a reply to message #546926] Wed, 14 July 2010 18:00 Go to previous message
That's great news indeed! Just tested it out and it works perfectly.

One thing which may or may not be a bug. I downloaded virgo-kernel-2.1.0.M02-incubation, as I'm not using any of the web features, and the tools initially wouldn't let me select it as a valid server installation.

The workaround was to modify Virgo's lib/.version file and change
virgo.kernel.version to virgo.server.version

I'm sure if I downloaded the full Virgo web server I wouldn't have had to take this step, and I'm crossing my fingers that I won't run into any surprises down the road by making this change.

Thanks again.
Previous Topic:Virgo tooling for Eclipse
Next Topic:STS and PAR deployment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:07:22 GMT 2024