Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » How to deal with source features in rmap
How to deal with source features in rmap [message #545487] Thu, 08 July 2010 02:31 Go to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
OK, I'm wondering how this problem is/should be handled. I've been setting up a hudson based build now -- on my 84th iteration -- and now I'm down to the issue of how the source based feature build is handled. What's happening is that the feature that I'm building has a dependency on the generated source features, i.e. they don't exist yet. So as it's searching for the components it complains that it can't find them. How do we prevent that form happening?

thanks,

Miles

ERROR   No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.amp.agf.chart.source:eclipse.feature was found in resourceMap file:/Users/milesparker/.hudson/jobs/amp/workspace/org.eclipse.amp.ide.site/site.rmap
  ERROR   No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.amp.agf.chart.source:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath amp.features
    ERROR   Rejecting provider cvs(:pserver:anonymous@dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/modeling,org.eclipse.amp/{0}/features/{1}-feature[:pserver:anonymous@dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/modeling,org.eclipse.amp/org.eclipse.amp.agf/features/org.eclipse.amp.agf.chart.source-feature]): No component match was found
      ERROR   The server reported an error while performing the "cvs rlog" command.
        ERROR   : The server did not provide any additional information.
  ERROR   No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.amp.agf.chart.source:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath amp.plugins
    ERROR   Rejecting provider 
Re: How to deal with source features in rmap [message #545773 is a reply to message #545487] Fri, 09 July 2010 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone have any idea at all what might be going on here..? I though that maybe the issue was that I as causing a failure because of my rmap, so I've set failOnError to false for everything.

My other build simply fails with the following..after a bunch of similar source related failures. No real indication at all of what even going wrong apart from all of the ERROR that it can't find my (non-existent!) source. I've been at this for four days now and just about to pack it in and live with PDE for another six months or so.

INFO:  TAG-ID 0005 = Query for org.ascape.site:eclipse.feature, path: org.ascape.site:eclipse.feature$5.6.0.qualifier -> org.ascape.sdk:eclipse.feature$5.6.0.qualifier -> org.ascape.doc:eclipse.feature$5.6.0.qualifier

Doing full workspace refresh
Waiting for jobs to end
Finished: FAILURE

Miles Parker wrote on Wed, 07 July 2010 22:31
OK, I'm wondering how this problem is/should be handled. I've been setting up a hudson based build now -- on my 84th iteration -- and now I'm down to the issue of how the source based feature build is handled. What's happening is that the feature that I'm building has a dependency on the generated source features, i.e. they don't exist yet. So as it's searching for the components it complains that it can't find them. How do we prevent that form happening?

thanks,

Miles

ERROR   No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.amp.agf.chart.source:eclipse.feature was found in resourceMap file:/Users/milesparker/.hudson/jobs/amp/workspace/org.eclipse.amp.ide.site/site.rmap
  ERROR   No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.amp.agf.chart.source:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath amp.features
    ERROR   Rejecting provider cvs(:pserver:anonymous@dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/modeling,org.eclipse.amp/{0}/features/{1}-feature[:pserver:anonymous@dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/modeling,org.eclipse.amp/org.eclipse.amp.agf/features/org.eclipse.amp.agf.chart.source-feature]): No component match was found
      ERROR   The server reported an error while performing the "cvs rlog" command.
        ERROR   : The server did not provide any additional information.
  ERROR   No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.amp.agf.chart.source:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath amp.plugins
    ERROR   Rejecting provider 

Re: How to deal with source features in rmap [message #545949 is a reply to message #545773] Fri, 09 July 2010 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found this:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Teneo/Teneo_Build_Setup#SDK_Feature_ .28Including_a_source_feature.29. It seems that I need to set up an advisor node but I don't see anything about that in the documentation..
Re: How to deal with source features in rmap [message #546019 is a reply to message #545949] Fri, 09 July 2010 22:19 Go to previous message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik LindbergFriend
A documentation issue in the bugzilla would be very helpful.
Regards
- henrik

On 7/9/10 6:50 PM, Miles Parker wrote:
> I found this:
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Teneo/Teneo_Build_Setup#SDK_Feature_ .28Including_a_source_feature.29
> It seems that I need to set up an advisor node but I don't see anything
> about that in the documentation..
Previous Topic:p2.site of a feature contains wrong plugin versions
Next Topic:Buckminster vs. Emma/jUnit: "Cannot open launch config" (Eclipse 3.6)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:19:41 GMT 2024