Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Suggestions For Swing Launcher?(Desktop App Launcher)
Suggestions For Swing Launcher? [message #544403] Fri, 02 July 2010 14:55 Go to next message
Pete Carapetyan is currently offline Pete CarapetyanFriend
I've got only the basic fundamentals of what was spring-osgi mostly, but still haven't figured out how to create a launcher (not from an OSGI shell) for something like a swing desktop application.

Everything I'm finding so far is either
1. How to launch a web server app
2. How to do [anything] from various osgi shells
3. How to launch an RCP app (not a virgo/gemini app)

If anyone has already put together the pieces of creating a launcher for a non web server - non eclipse plugin app with normal best of gemini/virgo support, please feel free to point me in the right direction.
Re: Suggestions For Swing Launcher? [message #544432 is a reply to message #544403] Fri, 02 July 2010 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
For starters, download the Virgo kernel from the Virgo download page. You can configure the user region (as described in the user guide) to launch additional bundles on startup.
Re: Suggestions For Swing Launcher? [message #544455 is a reply to message #544432] Fri, 02 July 2010 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Glyn found it in the docs. I had been confused because the VWS Kernel in the docs is, as the docs states, everything but the Web stuff, but I had not read past the title because of the W in VWS.

My compliments on the very clean design of the everything but the web kernel. Nice.

I'm sure more questions are to follow, but I've got some studying and experimenting to do first Smile
Re: Suggestions For Swing Launcher? [message #545495 is a reply to message #544455] Thu, 08 July 2010 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The kernel should not be referred to with "web" in the title as it is completely web-neutral. Please would you raise a bugzilla specifying where you read this and we will fix it. Thanks.
Re: Suggestions For Swing Launcher? [message #586043 is a reply to message #544432] Fri, 02 July 2010 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Glyn found it in the docs. I had been confused because the VWS Kernel in the docs is, as the docs states, everything but the Web stuff, but I had not read past the title because of the W in VWS.

My compliments on the very clean design of the everything but the web kernel. Nice.

I'm sure more questions are to follow, but I've got some studying and experimenting to do first :)
Re: Suggestions For Swing Launcher? [message #586524 is a reply to message #544455] Thu, 08 July 2010 03:46 Go to previous message
The kernel should not be referred to with "web" in the title as it is completely web-neutral. Please would you raise a bugzilla specifying where you read this and we will fix it. Thanks.
Previous Topic:Where can I find tomcat deployment errors?
Next Topic:2.1.0.M02 milestone shipped, 5x startup performance improvement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:10:03 GMT 2024