Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » TableViewer refresh slow
TableViewer refresh slow [message #543691] Wed, 30 June 2010 10:27 Go to next message
Edin Edin is currently offline Edin EdinFriend
Hello,

i have the following problem. I have a TableViewer with Elements loaded from a sql DataBase. There is also a refresh button which causes the elements will be reloaded from the db, depending on a acutal query. Loading elements from the db is fast (about 0,5 sec for 50 Elements), but showing it in the TableViewer needs at least 5-6 seconds. I have always at least 30 elements. the aceptable loading time should be maximal 1 second. i also have about 20-30 columns. because of refreshing from the db (db is changing very often), i dont think the virtual table will speed up the table building, right ?
my content provider return with getObject an array with row elements, and this array is actualized every time i push the refresh button.
Do you have any idea how to increase the tableviewer building speed? or is it normal for it to be such slow ?

Best regards, Edin
Re: TableViewer refresh slow [message #543704 is a reply to message #543691] Wed, 30 June 2010 11:06 Go to previous message
Martijn Cremer is currently offline Martijn CremerFriend

ededagic wrote on Wed, 30 June 2010 12:27
Hello,

i have the following problem. I have a TableViewer with Elements loaded from a sql DataBase. There is also a refresh button which causes the elements will be reloaded from the db, depending on a acutal query. Loading elements from the db is fast (about 0,5 sec for 50 Elements), but showing it in the TableViewer needs at least 5-6 seconds. I have always at least 30 elements. the aceptable loading time should be maximal 1 second. i also have about 20-30 columns. because of refreshing from the db (db is changing very often), i dont think the virtual table will speed up the table building, right ?
my content provider return with getObject an array with row elements, and this array is actualized every time i push the refresh button.
Do you have any idea how to increase the tableviewer building speed? or is it normal for it to be such slow ?

Best regards, Edin

Well I think the virtual table would speed up. And also making sure you give back in smaller chunks.

A Virtual Table Content provider has the benefti that it keeps an eye on the visable rows and the amount of rows fetched. It does need to know the total amount of rows that are availble but a count rows is less resoource hoger compaired to a get all rows and process it.

hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.
Previous Topic:[ANN] New Visualization Widgets in the RAP Incubator
Next Topic:When does RWT implement the function of wrapping AWT?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:14:40 GMT 2024