Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Linking an existing Ecllpse project to an SVN repository(Linkage existed > upgraded to new plugin > linkage lost!)
Linking an existing Ecllpse project to an SVN repository [message #541900] Wed, 23 June 2010 05:48 Go to next message
आलोक कुमार is currently offline आलोक कुमारFriend
I have an eclipse project that was connected to a remote SVN repository.

Then I did an upgrade and a new plugin got installed. That upgrade/install removed the linkage of the project with svn.

Now, I'm trying to re-establish the linkage of the sources in the project with the repository.

How do I do this? Whenever I try to link it to svn again via "Team", the sources that were part of svn earlier never get committed, ie they never show up in the list of sources to commit.
Re: Linking an existing Ecllpse project to an SVN repository [message #541936 is a reply to message #541900] Wed, 23 June 2010 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
olly2 Mising name is currently offline olly2 Mising nameFriend
Hallo आलोक कुमार,
I do it allways like this.

Prerequisites:
- you have a project in Eclipse with .svn folders in it - it is a valid svn working copy.
- Subversive with all it´s connectors is installed

I also recommend to create a server location for the repositories root in the SVN repository exploring perspective.

Now, just in the project explorer rightclick on the project root. Choose Team->Share project. Select "svn" and the prepared server connection.That´s it.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 June 2010 09:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Linking an existing Ecllpse project to an SVN repository [message #542415 is a reply to message #541936] Thu, 24 June 2010 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh Potter is currently offline Josh PotterFriend
I have just installed 3.6 and am trying to get Subversive to recognize my projects handled previously by Subclipse. I have tried to follow your directions from both the PHP Explorer and the Navigator. When I right click on my project and go to Team all I see is "Apply Patch." There is no option for "Share project."
Re: Linking an existing Ecllpse project to an SVN repository [message #542516 is a reply to message #542415] Fri, 25 June 2010 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Igor Burilo is currently offline Igor BuriloFriend
Hello Josh,

Do you have Team/Share Project menu action for any project not connected
to SVN which wasn't handled by Subclipse?

> I have just installed 3.6 and am trying to get Subversive to recognize
> my projects handled previously by Subclipse. I have tried to follow your
> directions from both the PHP Explorer and the Navigator. When I right
> click on my project and go to Team all I see is "Apply Patch." There is
> no option for "Share project."

--
Best regards,
Igor Burilo
Re: Linking an existing Ecllpse project to an SVN repository [message #542573 is a reply to message #542516] Fri, 25 June 2010 11:11 Go to previous message
Josh Potter is currently offline Josh PotterFriend
If I close the project then I see the "Share Project" action under "Team" however it is disabled. I have been able to get this to work by deleting the project in Eclipse and then importing it back in. This automatically detected the existing svn setup. Thanks for your reply.
Previous Topic:Workspace - Subversive
Next Topic:No error dialog for wrong password on commit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:32:16 GMT 2024