Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Open Declaration editor settings(Can the editor opened by Open Declaration be modified)
Open Declaration editor settings [message #540568] Wed, 16 June 2010 14:29 Go to next message
Arin Lipman is currently offline Arin LipmanFriend
When I use the Open Declaration menu function for a JavaScript function, the library is opened in a different editor than the standard JavaScript editor. Its also opened as Read-Only. Is there a way to configure this so that I can open the declaration of a function and modify it within the standard JavaScript editor?

Thanks,
Arin
Re: Open Declaration editor settings [message #541881 is a reply to message #540568] Tue, 22 June 2010 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Sandonato is currently offline Nick SandonatoFriend
I don't think this occurs in Helios. I've tried on a few files, and it always seems to open the actual source file when I open the declaration. Can you let us know if you're still seeing it in Helios?
Re: Open Declaration editor settings [message #542011 is a reply to message #540568] Wed, 23 June 2010 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tested in Helios and this is working. I had to recreate my project as a JavaScript project (not a Static Web Project) and then it worked.

Thanks,
Arin
Re: Open Declaration editor settings [message #542029 is a reply to message #540568] Wed, 23 June 2010 15:03 Go to previous message
Ok. Found an interesting issue. I had to install Eclipse Classic, and then installed the WTP package ontop, and now, there is no context menu enter for 'Open Selection.' Pressing F3 does open the selection function, in the proper editor, and the Navigate menu contains the entry, but its not on the context menu.

Thanks,
Arin
Previous Topic:fcrec files in org.eclipse.wst.javascript.ui
Next Topic:Open Declaration/Selection (F3) Doesn't Work on JSPs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:42:04 GMT 2024