Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] ant tasks problem: 'Unable to load launcher EMF-specific VM'
[ATL] ant tasks problem: 'Unable to load launcher EMF-specific VM' [message #538443] Mon, 07 June 2010 16:06 Go to next message
Marten Sijtema is currently offline Marten SijtemaFriend
Hello,

I've got a problem with my ANT tasks. I am familiar with having to have the setting 'Use same JRE as Workspace' (run configurations -> JRE tab) enabled. If I have this, my custom task ('injectFatlFile') is giving a nullpointer exception. If I put it on 'Separate JRE', my own injectFatlFile task works fine.

But going for that option gives a different error on the atl.loadModel (observe that I have put <taskdef> tags on top to define the atl.loadModel/saveModel/launch tasks):

BUILD FAILED
/SomeDir/fatl2atl-ecore2gwt-gwt2code.ant:38: Unable to load launcher EMF-specific VM

SO: I have to fix one of the problems:
1) Fix my task and put setting on 'Same JRE as Workspace'
_OR_
2) Fix having the setting on 'Use Separate JRE'

The ant buildscript I got is shown below. Any ideas (of one of those problems?). Thanks in advance.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<project name="RunAll" default="start" basedir=".">
  <taskdef name="injectFatlFile" classname="nl.sytematic.dsl.FeatureATL.injector.ant.InjectFeatureATLFileTask" />

<taskdef name="atl.loadModel" classname="org.eclipse.m2m.atl.core.ant.tasks.LoadModelTask" />
  <taskdef name="atl.saveModel" classname="org.eclipse.m2m.atl.core.ant.tasks.SaveModelTask" />
  <taskdef name="atl.launch" classname="org.eclipse.m2m.atl.core.ant.tasks.ATLModelTransformationTask" />	

<target name="start">
	    <tstamp/>
               <!-- my own custom injection task -->
  		<injectFatlFile inputPath="${FatlPath}"  outputPath="${FatlInjectOutPath}"  metaModel="${fatlMM}" />

<!-- Loading (Feature)ATL metamodels using normal loadModel task-->
		<atl.loadModel modelHandler="EMF" name="fatl" metamodel="MOF" path="${fatlMM}"/>
		<atl.loadModel modelHandler="EMF" name="atl" metamodel="MOF" path="${atlMM}" /> 
   </target>

</xml>

My company: Sytematic, building business software from models.
Re: [ATL] ant tasks problem: 'Unable to load launcher EMF-specific VM' [message #538594 is a reply to message #538443] Tue, 08 June 2010 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
Try to add :
<property name="atl.launcher" value="EMF-specific VM"/>
Re: [ATL] ant tasks problem: 'Unable to load launcher EMF-specific VM' [message #538600 is a reply to message #538443] Tue, 08 June 2010 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately, that yields the same problem. Does anybody have an idea WHY you need 'run in same JRE as Workspace'? And is the <taskdef > declaration the (supposed) work-around around this, so that you actually CAN use 'Separate JRE' setting?

BUILD FAILED
/Users/marten/Work/EclipseWorkspaces/TransformationSequenceRunners/fatl2atl-ecore2gwt-gwt2code.ant:39: Unable to load launcher EMF-specific VM

Re: [ATL] ant tasks problem: 'Unable to load launcher EMF-specific VM' [message #538706 is a reply to message #538600] Tue, 08 June 2010 13:10 Go to previous message
I kind of solved it for now by doing a programmatic approach using atl-commons. If someone still knows the answer, please let me know!

Previous Topic:Using M2M in C#
Next Topic:[ATL] construct/obtain .asm file programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:57:06 GMT 2024