Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Which method is called when a tool in the palette becomes active?
Which method is called when a tool in the palette becomes active? [message #534298] Tue, 18 May 2010 15:24 Go to next message
TL is currently offline TLFriend
Hi,

I need to urgently do some processing before the user adds a node to the canvas.

I assume the only way to do this is to override the method(s) that gets invoked when the (create node) tool in the palette becomes active, i.e., the user clicks on this tool.
Can anyone tell me which method of which class would I have to override to do my processing?

An alternative would be to override the method that gets called when the user already activated the tool and is performing a click on the canvas to add the node.

Thanks,
Thomas L
Re: Which method is called when a tool in the palette becomes active? [message #534892 is a reply to message #534298] Thu, 20 May 2010 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TL is currently offline TLFriend
Really, does no one know? Any hint would appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Which method is called when a tool in the palette becomes active? [message #534903 is a reply to message #534892] Thu, 20 May 2010 15:32 Go to previous message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Hi Thomas,

A semantic element and a View are created in a method
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.tools.CreationTool.perfor mCreation()

Tanya.
Previous Topic:How to constrain a reference to be from a particular set ?
Next Topic:Open GMF Project from Ganymede Version to Galileo Version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 14:51:39 GMT 2024