Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » interactive splash not working on the final product
interactive splash not working on the final product [message #532907] Tue, 11 May 2010 14:27 Go to next message
Luca Ferrari is currently offline Luca FerrariFriend
Hi all,
I've got a product configuration that should work with a splash screen (interactive for manage user login). If I launch the product within the Eclipse Workbench everything works fine, but if I export the product from the export wizard (same product configuration) and launch it from the command line, the splash screen is not shown.

I've checked in the product plugins directory and the splash screen class is there, so I guess is something wrong with the configuration of the product itself.

I've looked at the "Run configurations" and I've seen that the product is executed from a different directory than the application itself, but I don't know if this matters.

Any suggestion?
Re: interactive splash not working on the final product [message #533393 is a reply to message #532907] Thu, 13 May 2010 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've tried to clear and regenerate the product exportation. Now if I open the product file within eclipse and click on the "play" (launch an application) button I can see the splash screen. However when from the same product file I click on the export wizard, I get an application that when launched skips the product configuration and therefore even the splash screen. I've checked on the launching tab of the product and there is nothing at alla that let me specifying the splash screen, the only tab related to it is of course the splash one. Am I doing something wrong?

In order to understannd if the problem was with the interactive splash screen or the configuration of the splash itself, I've changed the splash screen to non-interactive (a branding splash screen) so that it will not depend on any Java class. The product file (.product) includes the following:

<launcherArgs>
      <programArgs>-os ${target.os} -ws ${target.ws} -arch ${target.arch} -nl ${target.nl}</progr
amArgs>
      <vmArgs>-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5 -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xms40m -Xmx512m</vmArgs>
      <vmArgsMac>-XstartOnFirstThread -Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts</vmArgsMac>
   </launcherArgs>

<windowImages i48="/HRPM-RCP-git/img/icon.png"/>

<splash
      startupProgressRect="5,405,635,15"
      startupMessageRect="20,10,635,18"
      startupForegroundColor="31F0FA" />
   <launcher name="hrpm">
      <linux icon="/HRPM-RCP-git/img/icon.xpm"/>
      <solaris/>
      <win useIco="false">
         <bmp
            winSmallHigh="/HRPM-RCP-git/img/icon16_32.bmp"
            winMediumHigh="/HRPM-RCP-git/img/icon32_32.bmp"
            winLargeHigh="/HRPM-RCP-git/img/icon48_32.bmp"/>
      </win>
   </launcher>

Again, while I can see the splash screen when launching the product within Eclipse, I cannot see when launching the exported product.

Suggestions are welcome.
Re: interactive splash not working on the final product [message #539746 is a reply to message #533393] Sat, 12 June 2010 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've found a set of directories into my disc, one for each different name of the product I've tried in different configuration. They are outside the eclipse workspace and are empty, so there must be something different from the execution of a product within the eclipse framework and the execution from the command line. Anyone has a suggestion on where to search for a solution?
Re: interactive splash not working on the final product [message #543058 is a reply to message #539746] Mon, 28 June 2010 10:13 Go to previous message
Well....it was a stupid detail: I was missing the plugin name of the splash tab for the product configuration. Since the splash screen was defined in the same plugin as the application, the product launcher was using the splash screen, while the exported product was not! Embarrassed
Previous Topic:Visible Action set
Next Topic:Setting my own perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 06:56:53 GMT 2024