Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » m2eclipse fails to go through HTTP proxy(m2eclipse fails to go through HTTP proxy)
m2eclipse fails to go through HTTP proxy [message #528247] Mon, 19 April 2010 19:38 Go to next message
Alexander Shenker is currently offline Alexander ShenkerFriend
I am using Eclipse 3.5, with the m2eclipse plugin, all the latest versions downloaded today from the official eclipse and sonatype sites. Eclipse works through my company's firewall proxy, because I can see it downloading plugins. However, the Maven plugin can not run properly, as it fails to download any required plugins from the central repo. In fact, it can not even update the repo1.maven.org index. Our proxy server does not require authentication. I setup the settings.xml file in my ~/.m2/settings.xml location as follows:

<settings>
  <localRepository>C:\Documents and Settings\...\.m2\repository</localRepository>
  <proxies>
    <proxy>
      <id>main</id>
      <active>true</active>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <host>...</host>
      <port>80</port>
      <nonProxyHosts>....com,....com,127.0.0.1,localhost</nonProxyHosts>
    </proxy>
  </proxies>
</settings>

I see this exception in the .log file:

!SESSION 2010-04-19 15:23:11.366 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20090211-1700
java.version=1.6.0_16
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2010-04-19 15:23:26.428
!MESSAGE Invalid preference page path: Integrated Agent Controller

!ENTRY org.maven.ide.eclipse 4 0 2010-04-19 15:23:34.444
!MESSAGE Unable to update index for central|http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: Authorization exception retrieving nexus-maven-repository-index.properties
	at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater$WagonFetcher.retrieve(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:681)
	at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.AbstractResourceFetcher.retrieve(AbstractResourceFetcher.java:22)
	at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater.downloadIndexProperties(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:493)
	at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater.access$100(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:74)
	at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater$IndexAdaptor.setProperties(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:780)
	at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater.fetchAndUpdateIndex(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:954)
	at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater.fetchAndUpdateIndex(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:138)
	at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.index.NexusIndexManager.updateRemoteIndex(NexusIndexManager.java:1060)
	at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.index.NexusIndexManager.updateIndex(NexusIndexManager.java:1013)
	at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.index.NexusIndexManager$1.run(NexusIndexManager.java:624)
	at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.index.IndexUpdaterJob.run(IndexUpdaterJob.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Is this related to any issues to the running of m2eclipse plugin with NTLM proxies? Again, this proxy does not require authentication.
Re: m2eclipse fails to go through HTTP proxy [message #532912 is a reply to message #528247] Tue, 11 May 2010 14:32 Go to previous message
Eric is currently offline EricFriend
With NTLM, you are still sending authentication... you just aren't seeing a prompt because it's not visible.

I don't have a solution, but I did find a work-around. We setup Cntlm to provide the NTLM authentication that the proxy uses. Then, we just point m2eclipse to the local Cntlm proxy which gets us through our firewall.

Regards,
Eric
Previous Topic:Missing Project Properties in Maven Project
Next Topic:Question about including sibling dependency
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:41:12 GMT 2024