Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Associating javadoc with a plugin(can't associate javadoc with zest plugin)
Associating javadoc with a plugin [message #527284] Wed, 14 April 2010 16:23 Go to next message
Carusyte Missing name is currently offline Carusyte Missing nameFriend
I failed to associate a plugin containing javadoc for another plugin. Here's the detail:

I am using zest plugin, but since its update package(site) doesn't come with a separate javadoc plugin, I tried to generate one out of its source bundle via 'Project > Generate Javadoc...'. So far, the index.htm can be properly presented.

The reason I am doing this: CTRL+F2 on a class/method so that I can browse the javadoc in a browser, and as a plus I can wander around relevant APIs. It's more effective than simply reading from the popup javadoc info.

I noticed from some plugin within the platform that in order to achieve this I just have to create another plugin with "org.eclipse.pde.core.javadoc" extension point correctly implemented, and here's what I did:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?eclipse version="3.4"?>
<plugin>
<extension
point="org.eclipse.pde.core.javadoc">
<javadoc
path="reference/api">
<plugin
id="org.eclipse.zest.core">
</plugin>
</javadoc>
</extension>
</plugin>

The generated javadoc files was placed under '<JAVADOC_PLUGIN_PROJECT_ROOT>/reference/api' and is configured to be exported in the binary build:
bin.includes = META-INF/,\
plugin.xml,\
reference/

The exported plugin seems correctly structured. I put it under the plugin directory, restarted eclipse, checked that the plugin was recognized by the platform, but CTRL+F2 doesn't work.
Re: Associating javadoc with a plugin [message #527289 is a reply to message #527284] Wed, 14 April 2010 16:39 Go to previous message
Carusyte Missing name is currently offline Carusyte Missing nameFriend
More detail:

IDE: Rational Software Architect (RSA) for Websphere 7.5.4

feature version:
Eclipse RCP: 3.4.200.R342_v20090122-989JESTEbig-SVaL8UJHcYBr4A63
Eclipse RCP: 3.4.100.v200809240100
Eclipse Platform: 3.4.2.R342_v20090122-9I96EiWElHi8lheoJKJIvhM3JfVsYbRrgVIWL

Also, I noticed that the "org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv" plugin has something "weird" in its MANIFEST.MF:

Name: reference/api/org/eclipse/core/runtime/class-use/FileLocator .htm
l
SHA1-Digest: XspTVzdwDSan+b7R8zYiLw8QOPc=

Is this relevant?
Previous Topic:Adding Checkbox in specific columns of nebula Grid Tree Viewer
Next Topic:How to show a job's progress within a wizard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:47:45 GMT 2024