Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink 2.0.1 on update site
EclipseLink 2.0.1 on update site [message #520052] Thu, 11 March 2010 00:00 Go to next message
Andrew Hume is currently offline Andrew HumeFriend
Hi

Does anyone know when EclipseLink 2.0.1 will be available on the update site. The site below only contains 1.2.
http://download.eclipse.org/rt/eclipselink/updates

I have been using 1.2 but have found that DDL generation does not work for me and am hoping this is fixed in 2.0.1.

I have been setting the required XML properties
<property name="eclipselink.ddl-generation" value="drop-and-create-tables"/>
<property name="eclipselink.ddl-generation.output-mode" value="sql-script"/>
<property name="eclipselink.application-location" value="C:\Dev\Workspaces\..."/>

But when I run Generate Tables from Entities, Dali generates a login.properties file with eclipselink.ddl-generation.output-mode set to database (not sql-script for some reason). No idea why it does this - I would have assumed it would just copy the value in the persistence.xml.

Thanks
Andrew
Re: EclipseLink 2.0.1 on update site [message #520315 is a reply to message #520052] Thu, 11 March 2010 21:51 Go to previous message
Andrew Hume is currently offline Andrew HumeFriend
One further update

Searching the web suggests that EclipseLink requires a Java system property called INTERACT_WITH_DB to be set to false in order to generate the DDL scripts as opposed to actually connecting to the target database. Question is - how should I set this property?

I have tried starting Eclipse with -DINTERACT_WITH_DB=false but when I click 'Generate Tables from Entities" it still tries to connect to the database.

Thanks
Andrew
Previous Topic:JPA 2 metamodel generator with Maven
Next Topic:Can eclipselink log entity changes?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:51:45 GMT 2024