Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » ScalaModules » Relation to Equinox
Relation to Equinox [message #518641] Wed, 20 January 2010 10:52 Go to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Please could someone explain the dependency of ScalaModules on Equinox. If it uses other than standard OSGi interfaces, please could you outline what those are.

BTW I'm very pleased to see this proposal. I am happy to be listed as an individual supporter if that helps.
Re: Relation to Equinox [message #518642 is a reply to message #518641] Wed, 03 February 2010 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner KeilFriend
What about Gemini?

It sounds like one of the projects aiming at OSGi enabled common libraties.
Does ScalaModules try to do more than just that, or is it only putting an
OSGi Manifest into Scala jars?

Thanks,
Werner
Re: Relation to Equinox [message #519762 is a reply to message #518641] Tue, 09 March 2010 21:20 Go to previous message
Heiko Seeberger is currently offline Heiko SeebergerFriend
Gyln, Werner,

Sorry for answering that late, but the forum was down for quite a while and I just noticed your postings.

Glynn: ScalaModules depends on the OSGi API only. Hence it can be used with Equinox, Felix, etc. I would be very happy to add you as a supporter. Let's chat about whats and hows!

Werner: ScalaModules depends on an OSGi-fied Scala library and as long as EPFL won't release one we will roll on our own. But ScalaModules is much more: It is a DSL (implemented in Scala) to ease OSGi development. The APi is more high-level and pleasant than the OSGi API.

Best regards,

Heiko

Previous Topic:Welcome to eclipse.scalamodules
Next Topic:Development with ScalaModules
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:06:55 GMT 2024