Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Adding a custom view to the RCP perspective
Adding a custom view to the RCP perspective [message #516821] Thu, 25 February 2010 09:52 Go to next message
Carlos  is currently offline Carlos Friend
Hi,

I want to add a view in my RCP application, including it at the main perspective by default.

I can include anything view in the perspective using the constants of 'IPageLayout'.
For example, for adding the problems view by default, next statements are included in my perspective class:

IFolderLayout bottonRight2 = layout.createFolder("bottonRight", IPageLayout.BOTTOM, (float)0.60, "right");
bottonRight2.addView(IPageLayout.ID_PROBLEM_VIEW);

at the method "public void createInitialLayout(IPageLayout layout) ".

Now, the case is that I have a SampleView (which extends ViewPart) that I want to include in the same way that problems view was integrated in the perspective. I have checked that using addView, it does not work properly because the view does not appear.
How can I get that aim?
Have you got ant suggestion about this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Carlos.
Re: Adding a custom view to the RCP perspective [message #516831 is a reply to message #516821] Thu, 25 February 2010 10:03 Go to previous message
Carlos  is currently offline Carlos Friend
A little detail... I was forgot to include the declaration of that custom view at the plugin.xml file...
The method for adding the custom view is the same and it works fine.

Sorry.
Previous Topic:Class not found which is actually present
Next Topic:threading problem with SWT_AWT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:25:17 GMT 2024