Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » Many Use Case diagrams and one model
Many Use Case diagrams and one model [message #514737] Tue, 16 February 2010 14:08 Go to next message
Jean-Louis Leroy is currently offline Jean-Louis LeroyFriend
I am a newcomer to Eclipse and EMF. I am trying to create a series of Use Case diagrams based on the same model.

After creating a first diagram (File!New!Other!UML 2.1 Diagrams!Use Case Diagram) and putting a few objects on it (an actor, a few use cases) I created a new diagram with <right-click digram>!New Diagram!Use Case. The new diagram contains the same objects as the previous diagram. Is there a way of creating an empty diagram based on the same model ?

Next I remove objects from the diagram (using <right-click>!Delete from Diagram). I see that they continue to exist on other diagrams as well as in the .uml file. Good. Now how can I add those objects again if I need to ?

In fact here is what I would like to do : create a new project ; create a use case diagram - and its underlying model ; create objects in the diagram ; create a new empty diagram ; add existing, selected objects to the new diagram ; create new objects ; etc...

I suspect that I am asking an obvious question here. In my defense I have spent several hours on the web looking for information on how to do this, both on the EMF site and in google results, without success...

Jean-Louis Leroy
Re: Many Use Case diagrams and one model [message #514818 is a reply to message #514737] Tue, 16 February 2010 17:37 Go to previous message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad VarnicaFriend
............................................................ ..............

[Updated on: Wed, 10 March 2010 14:06]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:tagged value
Next Topic:Many Use Case diagrams and one model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:08:09 GMT 2024