Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Real-Time Software Components (RTSC) » CCSv4.2 build settings to reference closure bundle when using GNU (gcc) compiler?
CCSv4.2 build settings to reference closure bundle when using GNU (gcc) compiler? [message #513346] Tue, 09 February 2010 19:40 Go to next message
Brian Cruickshank is currently offline Brian CruickshankFriend
I'm trying to build an application in CCSv4.2 for the CortexA9 using the CodeSourcery Lite gcc compiler. I've done the following so far:
- created a configuration project with the RTSC target set to gnu.targets.arm.GCArmv7A target and the RTSC platform set to host.platforms.arm.
- created a closure bundle by running xs xdc.tools.closure -d c:/bundleCA9 <package_base_dir>

From what I could see, it looks like the bundle that was created is different from the one created for a C64X+ target using the TI compiler... e.g. the generated Linker.cmd file contains references to the XDC tools folder and the original packages folder instead of referring to folders within the bundle itself.

I've created a CCS project for the CortexA8 using the GNU compiler. What is the best way of configuring the CCS build settings to reference the bundle so that it can build and link?

So far I've manually added in path references to the point where the project builds cleanly, but I can't figure out how to configure the build settings so that the project will link.

Regards,
Brian
Re: CCSv4.2 build settings to reference closure bundle when using GNU (gcc) compiler? [message #513353 is a reply to message #513346] Tue, 09 February 2010 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amit Mookerjee is currently offline Amit MookerjeeFriend
Brian,
A RTSC configuration project essentially runs configuro and generates a compiler options and a linker command file. These artifacts can then be used by any application code that wants to consume RTSC content. The executable projects that refer a RTSC configuration simply pickups the compiler options file for building the sources and the linker command file for linking.

In your case you have already created a bundle using the closure tool. So all you need to do is to refer to bundle folder to get your include path in place and refer to the 'linker.cmd' file in side the bundle to link your application.

Specifically, in CCS4.x right click on the project and then select Properties->C/C++ Build-> TMS470 Linker -> File Search Path:
In the option "Include library file or command file as input (--library, -l)" option add the path to the 'linker.cmd' in your closure bundle.

Thanks
Amit

Re: CCSv4.2 build settings to reference closure bundle when using GNU (gcc) compiler? [message #516170 is a reply to message #513346] Mon, 22 February 2010 23:34 Go to previous message
Sasha Slijepcevic is currently offline Sasha SlijepcevicFriend
Brian,
some of the bugs you found in the closure tool were fixed in 3.20.00.09. With that release I am seeing the linker command file in the bundle containing only the relative paths.
Which XDCtools are you using and can you switch to 3.20.00.09 to see if that solves the problem you are seeing?

Thanks,
Sasha
Previous Topic:Problem with wholeprogram_debug profile for C64P target.XDc version 3.16.02.32
Next Topic:Release notification for XDCtools 3.16.03
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:05:16 GMT 2024