Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Completed job showing up twice in Progress Viewer ( ProgressViewer )
icon5.gif  Completed job showing up twice in Progress Viewer ( ProgressViewer ) [message #512676] Sat, 06 February 2010 01:16 Go to next message
Gary Miguel is currently offline Gary MiguelFriend
Hi,
I have a custom class that extends org.eclipse.core.runtime.jobs.Job.

If I run the job with the progress view open, two entries for it will appear. If I associate an action with the job ( call setProperty(IProgressConstants.ACTION_PROPERTY ...)), and run the job without the progress view open, then the little progress viewer with an exclamation point appears. If I click on it, the action I added happens, but the exclamation indicator remains, and if I click again, the action happens again, and then the indicator disappears.

So basically the job is getting logged twice, either by the open Progress View or by whatever takes care of showing that little exclamation point icon.

Note that the first time I run the job after opening my application, its results only get added to the Progress View once, but every time after that, they get added twice.

If I put a breakpoint anywhere in the job and pause execution in the middle, then the result only gets added to the progress view once.

I'm working on Eclipse 3.3, but I have verified this bug on Eclipse 3.5.

Thanks for any help.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 February 2010 01:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Completed job showing up twice in Progress Viewer ( ProgressViewer ) [message #516381 is a reply to message #512676] Tue, 23 February 2010 19:40 Go to previous message
Gary Miguel is currently offline Gary MiguelFriend
I filed this as Bug 303574. Unfortunately somebody said there was no time to fix this for 3.6. I've found that by not calling Job.setUser(true), the problem goes away. So that's a workaround.
Previous Topic:Eclipse 3.5 AIX - Failed to retrieve default libraries for /TOOLBOX/aix/JDK/jdk1.6.0_00
Next Topic:examples on using hyperlinkDetectors?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:36:33 GMT 2024