Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Semantic Highlighting Job error
Semantic Highlighting Job error [message #511800] Tue, 02 February 2010 23:02 Go to next message
Claude Warren is currently offline Claude WarrenFriend
I have a couple of PHP projects, recently i restored one from CVS and started getting errors whenever I attempt to edit a file. Each keystroke/insert pops up an error box that says

An internal error occurred during: "Semantic Highlighting Job".

In the error log it provides this stack trace:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: assertion failed:
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:96)
at org.eclipse.dltk.ti.GoalEngine.evaluateGoal(GoalEngine.java: 258)
at org.eclipse.dltk.ti.DefaultTypeInferencer.evaluateType(Defau ltTypeInferencer.java:223)
at org.eclipse.dltk.ti.DefaultTypeInferencer.evaluateType(Defau ltTypeInferencer.java:213)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.typeinference.BindingUtility.g etType(BindingUtility.java:156)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.typeinference.BindingUtility.g etType(BindingUtility.java:180)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.typeinference.BindingUtility.g etType(BindingUtility.java:150)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.DefaultBindingResolv er.getEvaluatedType(DefaultBindingResolver.java:193)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.DefaultBindingResolv er.resolveExpressionType(DefaultBindingResolver.java:305)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.Expression.resolveTy peBinding(Expression.java:107)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.ui.editor.highlighter.ModelUtils.ge tMethod(ModelUtils.java:42)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.ui.editor.highlighters.StaticMethod Highlighting$StaticMethodApply.visit(StaticMethodHighlightin g.java:59)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.MethodInvocation.acc ept0(MethodInvocation.java:73)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.ASTNode.accept(ASTNo de.java:275)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.InfixExpression.chil drenAccept(InfixExpression.java:189)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.InfixExpression.acce pt0(InfixExpression.java:183)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.IfStatement.children Accept(IfStatement.java:95)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.IfStatement.accept0( IfStatement.java:89)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.Block.childrenAccept (Block.java:97)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.Block.accept0(Block. java:90)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.FunctionDeclaration. childrenAccept(FunctionDeclaration.java:108)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.FunctionDeclaration. accept0(FunctionDeclaration.java:97)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.MethodDeclaration.ch ildrenAccept(MethodDeclaration.java:90)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.MethodDeclaration.ac cept0(MethodDeclaration.java:82)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.Block.childrenAccept (Block.java:97)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.Block.accept0(Block. java:90)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.ClassDeclaration.chi ldrenAccept(ClassDeclaration.java:118)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.ClassDeclaration.acc ept0(ClassDeclaration.java:104)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.Program.childrenAcce pt(Program.java:191)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.core.ast.nodes.Program.accept0(Prog ram.java:184)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.ui.editor.highlighter.AbstractSeman ticHighlighting.consumes(AbstractSemanticHighlighting.java:9 2)
at org.eclipse.php.internal.ui.editor.highlighter.AbstractSeman ticHighlighting.consumes(AbstractSemanticHighlighting.java:1 01)
at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.style.SemanticHighlightingRe conciler.reconcile(SemanticHighlightingReconciler.java:116)
at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.style.SemanticHighlightingRe conciler$1.run(SemanticHighlightingReconciler.java:267)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

my session data reads:

eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
java.version=1.6.0_0
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

I just want to know where to start to figure out what this is. I completely deleted Eclipse (removed all mention of eclipse from my system as found with find and grep) and reinstalled it. Same error.

There must be a config problem but I can't figure out how to debug this issue.

help

Re: Semantic Highlighting Job error [message #511837 is a reply to message #511800] Wed, 03 February 2010 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roy Ganor is currently offline Roy GanorFriend
Can you provide a simple reproduction steps?
Obviously this happens on specific scenario that we would like to know.

It will be great if you can create a bug on this issue.
Thanks!
- Roy
Re: Semantic Highlighting Job error [message #511949 is a reply to message #511800] Wed, 03 February 2010 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claude Warren is currently offline Claude WarrenFriend
I have 2 projects one works fine the other doesn't. The projects are different branches of the same code base. I can't figure out how to reproduce as I can't fingure out what is different between the two configurations. It must be in the "project" configuration but I don't see it. Any suggestions where to look?

Re: Semantic Highlighting Job error [message #542190 is a reply to message #511949] Thu, 24 June 2010 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maarten Kossen is currently offline Maarten KossenFriend
I'm having the exact same problem. It's really bugging me, because Helios is unworkable for me.

The project I'm using is around 310MB in size and it is all PHP. There's not much needed to reproduce this. Just start eclipse and it'll go nuts (given that you already have a project).

I do think it may have something to do with the size of the project, as it doesn't have any trouble with smaller projects.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 June 2010 12:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Semantic Highlighting Job error [message #542513 is a reply to message #542190] Fri, 25 June 2010 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Renzo Iannacone is currently offline Renzo IannaconeFriend
Like Maarten Kossen I think it could be a bug of helios version. I'm working with wordpress and eclipse and I have the same errors. Now I trying galileo version and I don't have any errors. It works fine.
Re: Semantic Highlighting Job error [message #542954 is a reply to message #542513] Sun, 27 June 2010 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I can confirm this error message as well for PDT 2.2 and Helios. With Previous PDT version and Gallileo I did not had such problems.

I have no Idea how I can run a downgrade or how to validate my config right now, so I hope this does not pop up too much in the next time.
Re: Semantic Highlighting Job error [message #544235 is a reply to message #511800] Fri, 02 July 2010 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I now made a second side-by-side installation from the all-in-one-package and with the all-in-one package I do not have the error.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 July 2010 06:29]

Re: Semantic Highlighting Job error [message #544243 is a reply to message #511800] Fri, 02 July 2010 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
May I ask what you mean with 'all-in-one package'?
Re: Semantic Highlighting Job error [message #544260 is a reply to message #544243] Fri, 02 July 2010 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maarten Kossen wrote on Fri, 02 July 2010 02:56

Sure, it basically is a brand new install in its own folder by extracting a zip file.

You find multiple on this page:

http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/downloads/

The are listed below the "Eclipse PDT 2.2.0 All In Ones / Eclipse PHP Package" headline.

It might be adviseable to use a new workspace as well and to not import older projects, because even I do not get the errors any longer, PHP Search and Open Declarations (F3) does not currently work for me (even on brand new projects).

Update / Warning: I had problems re-using the already existing workspace with the new install. Projects in that workspace had problems running properly with the new standalone version.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 July 2010 12:23]

Re: Semantic Highlighting Job error [message #544433 is a reply to message #511800] Fri, 02 July 2010 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I import existing projects back into a new Workspace - after some time - I get the original errors again.

If this keeps getting errors, I'll remove helios again and put in on freeze for another 6 month or so and go back to galileo.

Because how I saw, the files that were relativly slow in Galileo aren't any faster in Helios. Especially the long files do create these problems and even freezes / crashes.
Re: Semantic Highlighting Job error [message #544558 is a reply to message #544260] Sat, 03 July 2010 19:52 Go to previous message
NoobieRoobie wrote on Fri, 02 July 2010 03:52
Maarten Kossen wrote on Fri, 02 July 2010 02:56

Sure, it basically is a brand new install in its own folder by extracting a zip file.

You find multiple on this page:

http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/downloads/

The are listed below the "Eclipse PDT 2.2.0 All In Ones / Eclipse PHP Package" headline.

It might be adviseable to use a new workspace as well and to not import older projects, because even I do not get the errors any longer, PHP Search and Open Declarations (F3) does not currently work for me (even on brand new projects).

Update / Warning: I had problems re-using the already existing workspace with the new install. Projects in that workspace had problems running properly with the new standalone version.

Are those any different from the ones offered on the Eclipse download page (http://eclipse.org/downloads/)?
Previous Topic:PHP context sensitive help question
Next Topic:Saving files with errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:58:23 GMT 2024