Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Pre-Built indexes for Infocenter(How to create pre-built indexes in Infocenter,so that indexing doesn't take place at the first attempt of search)
icon3.gif  Pre-Built indexes for Infocenter [message #511119] Fri, 29 January 2010 23:44 Go to next message
rudraksha  is currently offline rudraksha Friend
Hi,

I have a Infocenter instance hosted on our server
http://az84ap99.am.freescale.net/infocenter/index.jsp

When I put the plugin and restart the server and enter any keyword for search the Infocenter performs indexing which is taking a very long time.
Is there any way to provide the infocenter a pre-built indexed file so that it refers to this file rather that doing the indexing. We have soe index.xml files but I dont know what are they for.
I thought they are the pre-built indexed files but the are not , they are used as the index when you type some thing are results are automaticaly are changed at bottom.

May be the pre build indexed file is getting generated in some other place.

Let me know a solution if you have implemented such stuff.
Also let me know if you need any more information.

Help will be rally appreciated Smile
Re: Pre-Built indexes for Infocenter [message #511794 is a reply to message #511119] Tue, 02 February 2010 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
rudraksha wrote on Fri, 29 January 2010 18:44
Hi,

I have a Infocenter instance hosted on our server
http://az84ap99.am.freescale.net/infocenter/index.jsp

When I put the plugin and restart the server and enter any keyword for search the Infocenter performs indexing which is taking a very long time.
Is there any way to provide the infocenter a pre-built indexed file so that it refers to this file rather that doing the indexing. We have soe index.xml files but I dont know what are they for.
I thought they are the pre-built indexed files but the are not , they are used as the index when you type some thing are results are automaticaly are changed at bottom.

May be the pre build indexed file is getting generated in some other place.

Let me know a solution if you have implemented such stuff.
Also let me know if you need any more information.

Help will be rally appreciated Smile

index.xml is unrelated to the search index, it is used to create a keyword index similar to the index at the back of a book. There is a tab in the help system UI which shows the index.

It is possible to prebuild the search index, here's a help page which describes the process:

http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/topic/org.eclipse.platform.d oc.isv/guide/ua_help_setup_preindex.htm
Re: Pre-Built indexes for Infocenter [message #511801 is a reply to message #511119] Tue, 02 February 2010 23:30 Go to previous message
rudraksha  is currently offline rudraksha Friend
Hey thanks.....it worked!!!!
Previous Topic:Questions about using the Eclipse Help as standalone infocenter
Next Topic:Cheat Sheets - adding links
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:10:30 GMT 2024