Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Eclipse plug-in to build applications using WYGIWYS approach
Eclipse plug-in to build applications using WYGIWYS approach [message #509609] Sat, 23 January 2010 15:43
Pelayo  is currently offline Pelayo Friend
Hello,

I need to build an Eclipse plug-in, so as the final user of the plug-in could perform the following tasks:

-Create UIs via drag and drop. Finally the graphical UIs will generate my specific XML language. Something similar to what the Android ADT eclipse plugin offers.
-Create a visual graph to model the application flow.

The final user should proceed as follows:
- Install the eclipse plug-in
-Create a Java project
-Instead of creating a XML with the UI definition he/she would have the possibility to do: right-button - new UI model. Then a graphic editor should appear with 2 tabs, one for the visual view and other to see (and maybe to modify) the XML associated with the view model. Both views (the visual and the XML one) should always be synchronized.
- Exactly the same for the case of the flow definition. Right button - new flow definition. And also the two views (XML and visual one).

I'm completely new in GMF development, so I would like to know if GMF could help me to develop this plug-in or if I would need to look at any other tool. In the case GMF is the right way, I would also appreciate any recommendation or example I can look at. Of course, by the moment, I'm going to read the GMF basic tutorial and the rest of the documentation.

Thanks in advance!!

Pelayo.
Previous Topic:PALETTE gmf
Next Topic:Implementation of non-graphical non-containament references
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:59:18 GMT 2024