Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Difference between opening a diagram file via "File->Open" versus double clicking on th
Difference between opening a diagram file via "File->Open" versus double clicking on th [message #507311] Tue, 12 January 2010 21:59 Go to next message
Vineet is currently offline VineetFriend
When I open my diagram file by double clicking the diagram file, it somehow seems to get "disconnected" from the backing model file and does not write to the backing model.
When I open my diagram file using "File->Open" menu then everything works and it keeps writing to the backing model.

My question is
1. Why the difference?
2. I am 125% sure that this was not happening in previous versions of GMF (I just upgraded to 2.2, hence all this). I have my diagram editor running in the previous version (2.1) and everything works irrespective of how the diagram file is opened.

So this question is stemming from my previous post....
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=160465& amp;start=0&
Re: Difference between opening a diagram file via "File->Open" versus double clicking o [message #508302 is a reply to message #507311] Mon, 18 January 2010 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nagesh Y J is currently offline Nagesh Y JFriend
Hello Vineet,

Are you double clicking in ResourceNavigator View?. If so check the function "handleOpen(final OpenEvent event)". It has been deprecated now and the new one is "handleOpen(final ISelection selection)".

Regards,
Nagesh Y.J.
Re: Difference between opening a diagram file via "File->Open" versus double clicking o [message #508956 is a reply to message #508302] Wed, 20 January 2010 20:58 Go to previous message
Vineet is currently offline VineetFriend
Hi Nagesh,

I am opening from standard "package explorer' view and I don't have any of the code you mentioned below. Which classes are they supposed to be in? Perhaps right stuff did not get generated....
Previous Topic:Generated diagram code does not respect interface name pattern - bug?
Next Topic:Customizing Appearance Properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:53:14 GMT 2024