Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Automatic updates of Launch Configuration
Automatic updates of Launch Configuration [message #504369] Fri, 18 December 2009 14:47
JP Moresmau is currently offline JP MoresmauFriend
Hello all

I have a design issue. I have a set of plugins that create Launch Configurations, that work fine. The launch configuration have some attributes generated from the properties of the project containing the files to run. What should happen when the project change? Some changes in the project properties may render the launch configuration incomplete or incorrect, and I don't want the user to have to modify by hand the configurations or delete them and get them recreated automatically. So I need to either not store some info in the configuration but retrieve it at run time, or I need to modify all the existing configurations when the project changes. I suppose these things are done in the JDT and such: if I change the classpath of a project the launch configurations use the updated class path. Can someone point me in the direction of the code or the documentation so I can achieve the same effect?

Thanks

Previous Topic:Software Updates in eclipse 3.4
Next Topic:Properties for non IResource objects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:47:50 GMT 2024