Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » 'wsgen' Ant task not generating all expected Web Services artifacts('wsgen' Ant task not generating all expected Web Services artifacts)
'wsgen' Ant task not generating all expected Web Services artifacts [message #503854] Wed, 16 December 2009 04:12
Bevon Palod is currently offline Bevon PalodFriend
My environment:
Eclipse J2EE distribution: 3.4.2
Apache Geronimo Eclipse Plugin: 2.1.4
Apache Geronimo Runtime: 2.1.4
Apache Axis2 WAR distribution: 1.4.1
Java: JDK 1.6.0_17

I'm fairly new to Web Services, so please bear with me if my question is trivial.

I have a Java interface and class annotated with JAX-WS annotations that I'd like to deploy as a web service. They are already part of a Dynamic Web Project 2.5 with the Axis2 project facet added (thus, the Axis2 WAR distribution has been added to the same web project). I'd like to generate a WSDL file to:
a) just to see what the WSDL looks like
b) be able to generate a client from the WSDL

I'm aware that with JAX-WS, I could get away without ever having to see the WSDL, but for learning purposes, I'd like to get my hands on it. I followed the documentation here:

http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/topic/org.eclipse.wst.comma nd.env.doc.user/topics/twbwsa.html

to generate the Axis2 web services artifacts. However, I do not see a WSDL file, nor the undeploy.wsdd and deploy.wsdd files as described in the docs. I notice that the 'WebContent/WEB-INF/services' folder in my web project is populated with the compiled .class files for my annotated Java files and a services.xml file. So it seems like the wsgen task is indeed doing something.

My ant file, axis_bujava.xml:
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<project default="main" basedir=".">
    <echo message="pulling in property files"/>
    <property file="axis_bujava.properties"/>

<echo message="calling the web services generation ant task: axis_bujava"/>
    <target name="main" >
        <wsgen/>
    </target>
</project>

My ant properties file:
<stripped out the header>
!-- ScenarioType REQUIRED. Differentiates from "client" scenario.
ScenarioType=service

!-- InitialSelection REQUIRED.  Workspace relative URI to the input WSDL or Java
InitialSelection=/Psop_Jaxws20/src/com/psop/controller/ws/CreatePlayerJaxws.java

!-- Verbose will list informational messages as well as errors if set to true
Verbose=true

When I run the Ant task (from the workbench), I see the following in the Console view:
Buildfile: E:\eclipse_workspaces\psop_workspace1\AntTest\ant\axis_bujav a.xml
[echo] pulling in property files
[echo] calling the web services generation ant task: axis_bujava

main:
[wsgen] Property ListRuntimes was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property ListServers was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property Service.RuntimeId was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property Service.ServerId was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property Service.TypeId was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property GenerateProxy was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property Project was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property ComponentName was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property ServiceProjectName was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property Service.RuntimeId was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property Service.ServerId was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property Service.TypeId was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property ServiceProjectName was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property ServiceComponentName was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property ServiceEarProjectName was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
[wsgen] Property ServiceEarComponentName was not set in the Ant property file. A default value will be used.
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 5 seconds

Is there another way to generate the WSDL file? Using the Web Services wizard does not seem to generate a WSDL file either.

Any help would be appreciated. If more information is required, please don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks in advance,
Bevon
Previous Topic:JSP files not syntax highlighting
Next Topic:Problems using the org.eclipse.wst.ws.internal.explorer package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 20:57:03 GMT 2024