Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » variable ${target.nl}(where does the value for the variable ${target.nl} come from)
variable ${target.nl} [message #501523] Wed, 02 December 2009 16:24 Go to next message
Rudi Missing name is currently offline Rudi Missing nameFriend
Hello,

I'm developing a multilingual application on the eclipse RCP. Recently I got a new PC and set up a new Ecplise Galileo SR1 Build id: 20090920-1017. Then I checked out the hole project freshly from SVN in new workspace. Everything works fine just one little problem. The application dosn't start in the language I'm running my OS (Windows 7), as it did before on the old PC (Windows XP). So I made some investigations and found out the following:

When I start a product over the link 'Launch an Elipse application' in the graphical product-editor, eclipse creates a new run configuration with the name of the product and sets the following as the default program arguments: -os ${target.os} -ws ${target.ws} -arch ${target.arch} -nl ${target.nl}.
With this arguments, my application starts in a different language then the OS is. But when I remove "-nl ${target.nl}" from this arguments, and restart this run configuration again, the application starts in the language of the OS.

Can you please tell me, how the variable ${target.nl} is resolved by the RCP and how it can be manipulated?

Thank you in advance,
Rudi

Re: variable ${target.nl} [message #1734584 is a reply to message #501523] Thu, 09 June 2016 14:10 Go to previous message
VItaly Valyavsky is currently offline VItaly ValyavskyFriend
Hello, Rudi
I also encountered with problem of incorrect locale setting for out RCP Application.
You should to open your target file in target editor to set target.nlexplicitly.
Then select "Environment" editor tab and set Locale on the tab.
Finally press "Set as target platform".
Now target.nl references on established Locale.
Previous Topic:Unable to start RCP Eclipse 4.4.2 application with Java 1.8 on Linux x86_64
Next Topic:Change menu item toggle based on current editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:48:54 GMT 2024