Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse problem on OpenSuse 11.2
Eclipse problem on OpenSuse 11.2 [message #500917] Mon, 30 November 2009 10:13 Go to next message
eeijlar is currently offline eeijlarFriend
Hi,

I am running Java unit tests on a remote Red Hat box from Eclipse, on OpenSuse 11.2 x86_64. I have Eclipse on a shared drive which both Red Hat and OpenSuse can access. When I run them on OpenSuse the tests hang. However, if I connect to a VNC session and run the same tests with the exact same instance of Eclipse (workspace everything), the tests run perfectly. I have identical Java versions on both OpenSuse and Red Hat.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anywhere in Eclipse I can look to get some more information on the problem? Suggestions welcome.

/John
Re: Eclipse problem on OpenSuse 11.2 [message #629016 is a reply to message #500917] Sun, 26 September 2010 03:13 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Im running in to no end of problems on RedHat and OPenSuse. They involve the C^SPACE method completion and Javadoc. In both cases eclipse freezes.

In all cases it is the latest JDK and the latest eclipse for java. But then I have no difficulty on Ubuntu or any other Debian distro.

And I have found many other similar issues with these distros.

RedHat and OPenSuse are both just very buggy.
Previous Topic:RCP application Palette
Next Topic:view reference not garbage collected after dispose
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:37:39 GMT 2024