Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » report fiel version not supported(compatability issues on BIRT acrros OS(ubuntu and Mac))
report fiel version not supported [message #490677] Fri, 09 October 2009 16:34 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

Im running birt as a plug in on top of zend studio on Ubuntu.when i tried to open a report file (done on a birt installation on Mac) via zend studio 6 I am getting the following error.

"The report file of version 3.2.20 is not supported"

does this mean compatibility issues? how do I overcome this?

Ane advice,help and suggestions deeply appreciated.

thanks.
Re: report fiel version not supported [message #490681 is a reply to message #490677] Fri, 09 October 2009 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

What version of BIRT are you using? From the error, I'm assuming you're tying to open a report that was created in BIRT 2.5 with a version of BIRT 2.3.2 or earlier.

Regards,

Michael Williams
www.birt-exchange.org
Re: report fiel version not supported [message #490893 is a reply to message #490677] Mon, 12 October 2009 09:51 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi Michael,

thx for the reply..you may be right.. I am running 2.3.0.and cannot update via zend studio update manager.when i try to do that it says "no updates available".

is there any way of manually doing this?( 2.3 0 seems to be working fine exept this,and I want to know whrt 2.5 contain any imprtant enhancements?)

and I am still confused abt the error message which says 3.2.2 not supported ? any thoughts any one?

kindly appreciate any immediate help...thx
Previous Topic:dynamic grouping of charts possible?
Next Topic:Exceptions - while using Bar Charts etc in BIRT Reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:42:59 GMT 2024