Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Search Page open Tab on default
Search Page open Tab on default [message #490472] Thu, 08 October 2009 18:11 Go to next message
Artur Kronenberg is currently offline Artur KronenbergFriend
Hi,

I have a problem figuring out how to make my search tab open when a certain editor is opened.

E.g. when a java file is opened the java the java search openes automatically.

I have my custom gmf editor and a search to that editor. If I click on my file and open the search, my tab opens since I specified the file extension for my diagram files. However, if I am in the editor (my editor is active) and I press ctrl+h the file search openes and not my.

I tried to implement the adapter for my diagram file but that didn't help it.

Any hint on how to achieve that?

best regards,
artur
Re: Search Page open Tab on default [message #490750 is a reply to message #490472] Sat, 10 October 2009 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rahul Yadav is currently offline Rahul YadavFriend
Hey Artur, I am working on similar plug-in and unable to open my search tab for diagram file. I was wondering if i can open my search tab on basis of perspective and irrespective of selected file in navigator or active editor.

However, can you tell me what is to be done to open my search tab in case a diagram file is selected?

Thanks,
Rahul

[Updated on: Sat, 10 October 2009 05:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Search Page open Tab on default [message #490946 is a reply to message #490750] Mon, 12 October 2009 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Rahul,

sorry, I wish I could, but so far I couldn't figure it out myself..

Best regards,
Artur

Rahul Yadav wrote on Sat, 10 October 2009 01:45
Hey Artur, I am working on similar plug-in and unable to open my search tab for diagram file. I was wondering if i can open my search tab on basis of perspective and irrespective of selected file in navigator or active editor.

However, can you tell me what is to be done to open my search tab in case a diagram file is selected?

Thanks,
Rahul

Re: Search Page open Tab on default [message #491073 is a reply to message #490472] Tue, 13 October 2009 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

I think that you can add an IPartListener2 on the editor. And implement the partOpened method by calling your view.

Regards,

Aurelien Pupier

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: Search Page open Tab on default [message #491165 is a reply to message #491073] Tue, 13 October 2009 14:07 Go to previous message
Hi Aurelien,

Thank you for your answer.

unfortunatelly I can neither on my DiagramEditor nor on my ISearchPage register an IPartListener2. this seems not to be working..

Any other ideas?

Artur

Aurelien Pupier wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 03:20
Hi,

I think that you can add an IPartListener2 on the editor. And implement the partOpened method by calling your view.

Regards,

Aurelien Pupier

Previous Topic:PDE-SVN Build
Next Topic:Search Page open Tab on default
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:47:03 GMT 2024