Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Selecting the palette causes a properties view update?(How can I avoid properties view updates when selecting the palette?)
icon5.gif  Selecting the palette causes a properties view update? [message #490009] Tue, 06 October 2009 20:58
Dan O'Connor is currently offline Dan O'ConnorFriend
Our product has an editor which makes use of the GEF palette.
The same editor also contributes a TabbedPropertiesContributor to the properties view.
When an item is selected in the editor the expectation is that its properties will be shown in the properties panel.
However when the user selects the palette (by clicking on the view's title tab or by selecting one of the PaletteItems) the properties view is updated.
I guess this is because a new part is activated (the palette) and that part is queried for properties. In our case though we do not want to show any properties for the palette (there are none!), instead we would like to continue to show the properties for the currently selected item in the active editor?

Is there a best practice way of doing this? I tried implementing an AdapterFactory that would be used for MyPalettePage and IPropertySheetPage requests. If IPropertySheetPage is requested I delegate to the active editor. The issue with this is if I then switch to another editor and click on the palette view the properties from the first editor are displayed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Dan
Previous Topic:palette sharing between editors
Next Topic:How can I add a command to the gef command stack?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 09:09:58 GMT 2024