Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » palette sharing between editors(GEF Palette View)
palette sharing between editors [message #488724] Tue, 29 September 2009 22:15 Go to next message
Mark Proe is currently offline Mark ProeFriend
Hello,

Is there a way to share the GEF Palette View between multiple editors? If I have two or more graphical editors open side-by-side, I would like to be able to use the same palette to drop an item onto either editor.

Currently, a separate palette page gets created by default for every editor I have open. I am only allowed to drop an item from the palette onto the active editor associated with that palette. If I want to add an item to another visible editor, I have to first click on that editor to make it active in order to swap the palette.

Thanks,
Mark
icon14.gif  Re: palette sharing between editors [message #490007 is a reply to message #488724] Tue, 06 October 2009 20:41 Go to previous message
Dan O'Connor is currently offline Dan O'ConnorFriend
This is a great suggestion/question. I have not been able to find a good way of doing this?
Our product has an editor (based on GEF) with an associated palette. The palette has multiple drawers. Each time the user switches from editor to editor the palette gets re-arranged as each editor part has a different palette page associated with it.

Is there a way of easily overriding this behavior?
Previous Topic:Alternative of FreeFormLayer
Next Topic:Selecting the palette causes a properties view update?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:05:33 GMT 2024