Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Annoying warning in build.properties
Annoying warning in build.properties [message #484504] Mon, 07 September 2009 19:18 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: gaston.tonietti.teracode.com

Hi guys.

I have this warning in every plug-in project with a test source folder:

src/test/java/ is missing from source.. build.properties /com.some.project line 4 Plug-in Problem

But it is not a warning for me since I don't want to include tests in the packaged plug-ins.
Is there a way to remove it, and make it effective for all the team? (in a shareable way)

Is Eclipse going to have scopes (compile, test, runtime) notion some day such as the rest of the IDEs/build tools?
Am I missing something? Any good practice for testing plug-in projects?

Thank you for all your help.
Gaston.
Re: Annoying warning in build.properties [message #501337 is a reply to message #484504] Tue, 01 December 2009 21:36 Go to previous message
David Green is currently offline David GreenFriend
Gaston M. Tonietti wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I have this warning in every plug-in project with a test source folder:
>
> src/test/java/ is missing from source.. build.properties /com.some.project line 4 Plug-in Problem
>
> But it is not a warning for me since I don't want to include tests in the packaged plug-ins.
> Is there a way to remove it, and make it effective for all the team? (in a shareable way)
> ... snip ...

I'm seeing the same issue. After taking a look at the PDE source, there appears to be no way to disable this warning.
I've created the following issue:

296641: plug-in project validation has no way to disable errors/warnings on build.properties
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=296641
Re: Annoying warning in build.properties [message #603743 is a reply to message #484504] Tue, 01 December 2009 21:36 Go to previous message
David Green is currently offline David GreenFriend
Gaston M. Tonietti wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I have this warning in every plug-in project with a test source folder:
>
> src/test/java/ is missing from source.. build.properties /com.some.project line 4 Plug-in Problem
>
> But it is not a warning for me since I don't want to include tests in the packaged plug-ins.
> Is there a way to remove it, and make it effective for all the team? (in a shareable way)
> ... snip ...

I'm seeing the same issue. After taking a look at the PDE source, there appears to be no way to disable this warning.
I've created the following issue:

296641: plug-in project validation has no way to disable errors/warnings on build.properties
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=296641
Previous Topic:Eclipse and Windows 7 Logo test
Next Topic:Question about buildDirectory and pluginPath
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 06:02:24 GMT 2024