Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » update nodes on link creation and deletion
update nodes on link creation and deletion [message #482894] Fri, 28 August 2009 13:32 Go to next message
Vitaliy Volevach is currently offline Vitaliy VolevachFriend
Hello,

in my model I need to update some properties of connected nodes when a link is either created or deleted.
So far i have all non-autogen code inside an extension plugin and i would like to leave it that way.
To extend the creation request i think i have to add my own policy for CREATION_ROLE. But I could not find anything similar for deletion of an object, so I need some help there.

Regards,
Vitaliy

[Updated on: Mon, 31 August 2009 07:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: update nodes link creation and deletion [message #483146 is a reply to message #482894] Mon, 31 August 2009 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Shatalin is currently offline Alexander ShatalinFriend
Hello Volevach,

???ItemSemanticEditPolicy.getDestroyElementCommand() will be called on deleting
an element, so you can place a breakpoint there to see which particular request
was used to initiate this command.

-----------------
Alex Shatalin
Re: update nodes on link creation and deletion [message #483167 is a reply to message #482894] Mon, 31 August 2009 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Alex,

i tried to debug the getDestroyElementCommand() int the Link's ItemSemanticEditPolicy class to see when it is called.
My problem is now that the org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.type.core.requests.DestroyElemen tRequest " is not only generated when I delete the link but also every time I click on it and even on it's creation. So I am now a little confused how to proceed.
Re: update nodes on link creation and deletion [message #483364 is a reply to message #483167] Tue, 01 September 2009 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Shatalin is currently offline Alexander ShatalinFriend
Hello Vitaliy,

getDestroyElementCommand() is called then you do something on diagram (change
selection...) but returned command will not be executed unless you call delete.

-----------------
Alex Shatalin
Re: update nodes on link creation and deletion [message #483431 is a reply to message #482894] Tue, 01 September 2009 15:29 Go to previous message
Hello Alex,

thanks for your answer. Now I achieved my goal by overriding getDestroyElementCommand() and returning a CompositeTransactionalCommand where the generic DestroyElementCommand is composed together with my custom command. So far everything is working just fine.

Regards,
Vitaliy

[Updated on: Sun, 13 September 2009 14:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Create nodes programmatically
Next Topic:Customize 'save' action
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 03:52:29 GMT 2024