Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Decorations
Decorations [message #48323] Wed, 19 September 2007 17:46 Go to next message
Markus Wolf is currently offline Markus WolfFriend
Messages: 153
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I have seen that the Decoration class is only there for API
compatibility. Is this subject to change?

Markus Wolf
--
> emedia-solutions wolf web: http://www.emedia-solutions-wolf.de
> Eimsbüttler Straße 115 mail: markus@emedia-solutions-wolf.de
> 22769 Hamburg pgp: http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
> +49 40 432 635 83 taxid: 57 / 126 / 16123
Re: Decorations [message #48544 is a reply to message #48323] Thu, 20 September 2007 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Muskalla is currently offline Benjamin MuskallaFriend
Messages: 237
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Markus,

I'm not sure what are you refering to. Do you mean
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations or the decorator support of JFace?
Where is the non-working API / what are you missing?

Greets
Benny

Markus Wolf wrote:
> I have seen that the Decoration class is only there for API
> compatibility. Is this subject to change?
>
> Markus Wolf
Re: Decorations [message #48841 is a reply to message #48544] Fri, 21 September 2007 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Wolf is currently offline Markus WolfFriend
Messages: 153
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Benjamin,

> I'm not sure what are you refering to. Do you mean
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations or the decorator support of JFace?
> Where is the non-working API / what are you missing?
>
I was thinking of decorating form input elements (mainly Text) for error
reporting. I want to create a reporting like in the PDE editors.
Is this possible with RAP currently?

Thanks
Markus Wolf
--
> emedia-solutions wolf web: http://www.emedia-solutions-wolf.de
> Eimsbüttler Straße 115 mail: markus@emedia-solutions-wolf.de
> 22769 Hamburg pgp: http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
> +49 40 432 635 83 taxid: 57 / 126 / 16123
Re: Decorations [message #48959 is a reply to message #48841] Sun, 23 September 2007 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: fappel.innoopract.com

Hi,

currently we only support the DecoratedField API which you can use to
decorate Texts for example with tiny little icons... (it is deprecated with
3.3 in RCP-JFace but we don't have the replacement ControlDecoration working
yet).


Ciao
Frank

"Markus Wolf" <markus@emedia-solutions-wolf.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:fd0t52$cdt$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi Benjamin,
>
>> I'm not sure what are you refering to. Do you mean
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations or the decorator support of JFace?
>> Where is the non-working API / what are you missing?
>>
> I was thinking of decorating form input elements (mainly Text) for error
> reporting. I want to create a reporting like in the PDE editors.
> Is this possible with RAP currently?
>
> Thanks
> Markus Wolf
> --
>> emedia-solutions wolf web: http://www.emedia-solutions-wolf.de
>> Eimsb
Re: Decorations [message #49070 is a reply to message #48959] Sun, 23 September 2007 10:43 Go to previous message
Markus Wolf is currently offline Markus WolfFriend
Messages: 153
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Thanks Frank,
> Hi,
>
> currently we only support the DecoratedField API which you can use to
> decorate Texts for example with tiny little icons... (it is deprecated with
> 3.3 in RCP-JFace but we don't have the replacement ControlDecoration working
> yet).
>
thats all I need for first. Even if it's deprecated. Having support for
this is good. :)

Markus Wolf

>
> Ciao
> Frank
>
> "Markus Wolf" <markus@emedia-solutions-wolf.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:fd0t52$cdt$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hi Benjamin,
>>
>>> I'm not sure what are you refering to. Do you mean
>>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations or the decorator support of JFace?
>>> Where is the non-working API / what are you missing?
>>>
>> I was thinking of decorating form input elements (mainly Text) for error
>> reporting. I want to create a reporting like in the PDE editors.
>> Is this possible with RAP currently?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Markus Wolf
>> --
>>> emedia-solutions wolf web: http://www.emedia-solutions-wolf.de
>>> Eimsbüttler Straße 115 mail: markus@emedia-solutions-wolf.de
>>> 22769 Hamburg pgp: http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
>>> +49 40 432 635 83 taxid: 57 / 126 / 16123
>
>


--
> emedia-solutions wolf web: http://www.emedia-solutions-wolf.de
> Eimsbüttler Straße 115 mail: markus@emedia-solutions-wolf.de
> 22769 Hamburg pgp: http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
> +49 40 432 635 83 taxid: 57 / 126 / 16123
Previous Topic:Session issue
Next Topic:org.eclipse.rwt.clientLogLevel - how to use?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Jul 14 14:50:01 GMT 2024

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02373 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top