Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » How to perform a release build?
How to perform a release build? [message #1855418] Thu, 13 October 2022 09:15 Go to next message
Linuxhippy Mising name is currently offline Linuxhippy Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I am trying to create an internal service-release of RAP with some patches of 3.23 merged into 3.22. The resulting artifacts should be RELEASE and not SNAPSHOT artifacts.

I tried the tycho / maven relese docs found at: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Release_Workflow

The steps I tried:
1. checked out 3.22-R
2. modified org.eclpise.rap.build/pom.xml to include the maven release part mentioned in the Releae_Workflow documentation.
3. commit changed pom
4. mvn release:prepare -DreleaseVersion=3.22.0 -DdevelopmentVersion=3.22.0-SNAPSHOT

pretty soon it gets stuck at resolving snapshot dependencies (please see end of the post).

I wonder what staps am I missing that are typically performed when creating a RAP release?

Thank you in advance and best regards, Clemens

[INFO] -----------< org.eclipse.rap:org.eclipse.rap.runtime-build >------------
[INFO] Building RAP Runtime Build 3.22.0-SNAPSHOT [1/52]
[INFO] --------------------------------[ pom ]---------------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare (default-cli) @ org.eclipse.rap.runtime-build ---
[INFO] Resuming release from phase 'check-dependency-snapshots'
[INFO] Checking dependencies and plugins for snapshots ...
There are still some remaining snapshot dependencies.
: Do you want to resolve them now? (yes/no) no: : yes
Dependency type to resolve,: specify the selection number ( 0:All 1:Project Dependencies 2:Plugins 3:Reports 4:Extensions ): (0/1/2/3) 1: : 1
Dependency 'org.eclipse.rap:org.eclipse.rap.runtime-parent' is a snapshot (3.22.0-SNAPSHOT)

Re: How to perform a release build? [message #1855673 is a reply to message #1855418] Wed, 26 October 2022 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Knauer is currently offline Markus KnauerFriend

For historical reasons I am still using our old process of publishing the bundles at Maven Central. At the time when we started publishing there it wasn't possible to use Tycho for it, and we never had the time/budget/energy to change that.

As input I am using the jar files from the p2 repository which is generated as part of the regular build process, plus a set of simple pom.xml files that describe each of the to be published jar files.
Then I am using gpg:sign-and-deploy-file in order to generate the required signatures and checksums, and to upload it to Maven Central, but I have my doubts that this is really helpful in your case.

Thanks and regards
Markus

--

Twitter: @mknauer23 and @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: How to perform a release build? [message #1855775 is a reply to message #1855673] Wed, 02 November 2022 14:42 Go to previous message
Linuxhippy Mising name is currently offline Linuxhippy Mising nameFriend
Hi Markus,

Good to know the tycho-based approach is not supposed to work, I thought I am simply to unexperienced with tycho to get it working.
I performed the release build rather "old school" - simply removed all -SNAPSHOT / .qualifier suffixes from all pom.xml / MANIFEST.MF files and everything worked as expected.

Thanks and best regards, Clemens
Previous Topic:Plans for Jakarta EE 9+ Servlet API
Next Topic:RAP on TOMee
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 10:23:35 GMT 2024