Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Build from Command Line with Post-build steps
Build from Command Line with Post-build steps [message #1850905] Mon, 21 March 2022 18:19 Go to next message
Tim Anderson is currently offline Tim AndersonFriend
I'm writing a script to build several projects that have Post-build steps from the command line and it doesn't look like the Post-build steps are being executed.
I'm using Eclipse Version 2019-03 (4.11.0).
The script I'm using is:
eclipse -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data ./{$projLoc} -build all
Is there some parameter I'm missing that will allow me to run the Post-build steps?

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Re: Build from Command Line with Post-build steps [message #1850997 is a reply to message #1850905] Thu, 24 March 2022 10:14 Go to previous message
Harald    is currently offline Harald Friend
We are using the headless build with the project name as argument. The postbuild step is called here.

echo Importing project %PROJ_NAME% ...
%ECLIPSEC% -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -no-indexer -data %TMP_WKSP% -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -import %PROJ_DIR%
if ERRORLEVEL 1 set BUILD_FAILED=yes

echo Performing clean build of project %PROJ_NAME% ...
%ECLIPSEC% -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -no-indexer -data %TMP_WKSP% -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -cleanBuild %PROJ_NAME%
if ERRORLEVEL 1 set BUILD_FAILED=yes

Maybe this helps.

-Harald
Previous Topic:[Problem] Can't use MinGW toolchain, even if MinGW is installed.
Next Topic:Console view not automatically activated when building
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:12:57 GMT 2024