Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Plug-in does not work after installing via update site
Plug-in does not work after installing via update site [message #1850712] Tue, 15 March 2022 06:30 Go to next message
Simon Tulia is currently offline Simon TuliaFriend
Hello all,

I created an editor by defining an .odesign file. I can also create some sample models with that editor without any problems. Now, I want to create an update site so that I will be able to distribute my editor. So, I followed the guideline in [1]. While I am creating the update site project, I encountered a few problems. First of all, the created jar files do not contain any .class files. So, I supposed that I should check the boxes of bin folder in manifest.mf files in necessary projects which are MyModel, MyModel.edit, MyModel.editor and MyModel.design.

Now, I am able to install the plugin via Install New Software menu. After the installation I create a modeling project. When I try to add my metamodel, I can see my metamodel in the list. However, I cannot see the root element in the next menu.

I could not figure out what I am doing wrong. I am open to any kind of advice. Thanks in advance for your help.

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Sirius/Tutorials/UpdateSiteTutorial
Re: Plug-in does not work after installing via update site [message #1850756 is a reply to message #1850712] Wed, 16 March 2022 08:06 Go to previous message
Simon Tulia is currently offline Simon TuliaFriend
I figured out the problem after some more digging. I had changed the name of the project. I realized that the Activator class got the PLUGIN_ID string from the project name. So, during the plugin load, Eclipse could not load the Viewpoint Specification project and .odesign file correctly. After I changed PLUGIN_ID to the up to date project name, the problem disappears.
Previous Topic:Auto creation of property view definition?
Next Topic:Feature not found exception when trying to create node
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:18:43 GMT 2024