Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Why is navigator view getting deprecated(Navigator View- what is its alternative)
Why is navigator view getting deprecated [message #1848800] Fri, 17 December 2021 13:22 Go to next message
Raster R is currently offline Raster RFriend
Hi,

Why is Navigator view getting deprecated?
I find it extremely useful.
Whats the alternative to it if I want to see the actual files (Other than seeing the actual files via actual file system)?

R
Re: Why is navigator view getting deprecated [message #1849011 is a reply to message #1848800] Wed, 29 December 2021 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Nicholas is currently offline Nick NicholasFriend
In the 2019-09 version of Eclipse IDE, it is showing navigator as "Navigator (Deprecated)". Why is it going away? Will there be a replacement? I don't like views that hide or move actual directories around. Sometimes I prefer to see things as they exist in version control, for testing builds, etc. To Know more about it Visit our socket programming Assignment help
Re: Why is navigator view getting deprecated [message #1849042 is a reply to message #1849011] Thu, 30 December 2021 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I tried to entourage an approach to replace it with something functionally equivalent, (Project Explore with filters configured to not hide things) but I'm not sure that's actually going to happen:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=549953

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Why is navigator view getting deprecated [message #1851557 is a reply to message #1849042] Fri, 08 April 2022 12:23 Go to previous message
Raster R is currently offline Raster RFriend
Hi Ed,
Its simple to use. I can avoid going to the OS to see the actual files. If ever you replace it I hope its with something that offers same simplicity and works same way and maybe called the same name.
Glad you think its not going away.
R
Previous Topic:URI Scheme handler without SWT
Next Topic:Nested target does not resolve
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:15:02 GMT 2024