Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How to extend Xtext's trace API?(How to add extra information to trace files generated by TracingSugar?)
How to extend Xtext's trace API? [message #1847365] Mon, 25 October 2021 11:02
Prasanna Balaji is currently offline Prasanna BalajiFriend
I have a code generator that has been written in Xtend which makes use of an Xtext language and generates some Java code. I have also used the tracing API of Xtext to view traces between the source model and generated code.
I was wondering how I could go about adding information about the Xtend code generator to these trace files as well. The intention is to have links between the source model, the code generator and the generated code as well.
I am open to other solutions that may help in achieving this if modifying the existing trace files is not feasible. Any pointers are appreciated.

I have another question related to Xtext's tracing API as well. This API populates "._trace" files with trace information. The UI elements within these trace files are fairly easy to understand. However, these files also contain a bunch of Debug Trace Regions, each with their own properties. I am struggling to understand the information contained within these properties of debug trace regions. Any information that might help me make more sense of it is also greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am using Xtext 2.254.0

[Updated on: Tue, 26 October 2021 09:30]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:problems with importing xtext libraries
Next Topic:Disable new resource creation for every character entry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 06:39:30 GMT 2024