Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Ecliplse Plugin Development using JPMS(Developing a plug-in for eclipse, I would like to use some jar dependencies inside plug-in which are packed as modules.)
Ecliplse Plugin Development using JPMS [message #1847267] Thu, 21 October 2021 13:56 Go to next message
Nicolae Bors is currently offline Nicolae BorsFriend
Hello,

I'm developing an eclipse plug-in inside Eclipse PDE with Java 9+. I need to use some jar-s dependencies which are packed as modules. Currently I'm able to run the plugin from PDE only by passing --module-path and --add-modules arguments in run configuration inside PDE. Exporting the plug-in and installing it in eclipse will work only by changing eclipse.ini file where I pass the same args like before. So, my question is: Is it possible to export the plug-in with module dependencies, without editing the eclipse.ini file afterwards?... In plugin.xml I don't see anything related to modules. And extra question: Is there a way to load dynamically the modules in plug-in?

Thanks!
Re: Ecliplse Plugin Development using JPMS [message #1849323 is a reply to message #1847267] Wed, 12 January 2022 21:16 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

No, that is not possible because it is a java runtime requirement. You can alter the eclipse.ini by supplying a p2.inf file.
It is kind of magical and poorly documented but this should get you going:

# Workaround for bug 572210 (<https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=572210>):
# in "eclipse.ini" add the VM argument "--illegal-access=permit"
instructions.configure=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.addJvmArg(jvmArg:--illegal-access=permit)
instructions.unconfigure=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.removeJvmArg(jvmArg:--illegal-access=permit)

Previous Topic:Export RCP
Next Topic:Error on creating workspace for the first time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 09:53:39 GMT 2024