Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Swap between >1 sets of open files.(IDE usage - can it do this?)
Swap between >1 sets of open files. [message #1847090] Thu, 14 October 2021 10:19 Go to next message
david collier is currently offline david collierFriend
I didn't see a 'general IDE' section - please tell me where to post if this is the wrong place.

I often find myself in the middle of working on a task, with 30 files open, and some support issue comes up.

Dealing with the support issue requires me to do some work on some completely separate project.

While doing that I'm not interested in looking at the files I had open for the interrupted task. Mixing in 5 new files with the 30 is just chaos.

So my question is - can Eclipse handle 'independent sets of open files' and switch between them?
If not, is there a simple alternative way to deal with this situation - short of opening a second copy of eclipse, or some other IDE :-)

TVM - David
Re: Swap between >1 sets of open files. [message #1847243 is a reply to message #1847090] Wed, 20 October 2021 23:21 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I think this was one of the Mylyn Task-Focused features.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 20 October 2021 23:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Content assist issue
Next Topic:Install issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:22:42 GMT 2024