Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » APP4MC » NO APP4MC Multicore Support Feature
NO APP4MC Multicore Support Feature [message #1844268] Tue, 07 September 2021 15:44 Go to next message
Hadi Askaripoor is currently offline Hadi AskaripoorFriend
Hello,
I have tried to run the latest version of the APP4MC 1.2.0 but I can not find any options to generate mapping, visualize the task.. or better to say can not find any APP4MC multicore support feature once I do right click (see attachment). Did I miss sth in my installation?
Besides, I can't find any folders regarding the multicore support feature that can be installed.
I would appreciate your help.

Hadi
Re: NO APP4MC Multicore Support Feature [message #1844290 is a reply to message #1844268] Wed, 08 September 2021 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lukas Krawczyk is currently offline Lukas KrawczykFriend

Hello Hadi,

the multicore support feature (including the mapping and former simulation ("Task Visualization") plugin) was gradually dropped after the 0.8.3 release and was eventually removed in favor of a web-service based tool chain that is currently being developed within an individual repository. You will find an article on the new feature set in this Eclipse Newsletter. The major benefits compared to the former tool set are e.g. a much higher accuracy to real hardware in simulation and improved performance, as the computations can be conducted on HPCs.

If you wish to work with the old tools, I am worried you'll have to use the 0.8.3 release.

Best regards,

Lukas

Re: NO APP4MC Multicore Support Feature [message #1844300 is a reply to message #1844290] Wed, 08 September 2021 13:16 Go to previous message
Hadi Askaripoor is currently offline Hadi AskaripoorFriend
Dear Lukas,

Thanks for your reply.
I couldn't install the 0.8.03 release because of installations issues existed in the packages. I guess, it has been outdated.
I am wondering that what can we do in newest version for Mapping, except of APP4MC visualization option. For example, How do we can generate mapping after defining the mapping tree in our model (e.g. Gantt chart) ?
Thanks!

Best regards,
Hadi
Previous Topic:Error: No model loaded! in IndexExample
Next Topic:[Model Semantics] Preemptiveness is not a default algorithmic parameter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:59:00 GMT 2024