Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How about Adding a "Create a Gist" option to the IDE
How about Adding a "Create a Gist" option to the IDE [message #1843777] Tue, 17 August 2021 16:18 Go to next message
Tony Silvestri is currently offline Tony SilvestriFriend
Hi

I tried installing add-ons but could not for the life of me get an option to easily create a gist of the current project.

IntelliJ has that option built in. Eclipse should have that as well.

What do you think?

Thx
Re: How about Adding a "Create a Gist" option to the IDE [message #1843878 is a reply to message #1843777] Mon, 23 August 2021 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay Arthanareeswaran is currently offline Jay ArthanareeswaranFriend
Sorry, I haven't used IntelliJ much. Can you tell us what you meant by gist in this context? BTW, this is question has been posted on JDT section, which means, fewer people going through this. Perhaps this is better reported as an enhancement request against the appropriate Eclipse component?
Re: How about Adding a "Create a Gist" option to the IDE [message #1843888 is a reply to message #1843878] Mon, 23 August 2021 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony Silvestri is currently offline Tony SilvestriFriend
"Create a Gist" in IntelliJ is the option to take all the source files in your project and upload them to github servers as a "mini repository" that can be shared via a URL to that repository. The gist doesn't have any commit infor attached to it.

I will preost this request in another forum as you suggested.

Thx
Tony
Re: How about Adding a "Create a Gist" option to the IDE [message #1843901 is a reply to message #1843888] Mon, 23 August 2021 16:56 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Seems like an EGIT facility.

EGIT already has a stache capability but I have never managed to figure out how it works. Clearly need to read the manual.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Error in .metadata\.log
Next Topic:Run Configuration Dependencies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:37:25 GMT 2024