Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Run Configuration Dependencies
Run Configuration Dependencies [message #1843682] Fri, 13 August 2021 15:34 Go to next message
Joe Outzen is currently offline Joe OutzenFriend
Where do the default run configuration dependencies come from? I have a simple Java project that uses external jars that have been through a few versions. I removed the old versions from my build path in the project, but they keep showing up in my run configurations. I can manually delete them from the run configurations, but I'm baffled as to why they keep showing up.

Thanks for any input you can provide.
Re: Run Configuration Dependencies [message #1843879 is a reply to message #1843682] Mon, 23 August 2021 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
Run Configuration derives the initial dependencies from the Build path of the Java Project. But if the dependencies are modified by the user in the run configuration, then it honours that and does not recalculate the dependencies from the build path. For the modified list, user will have to manually delete the unwanted dependencies.

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Re: Run Configuration Dependencies [message #1843905 is a reply to message #1843879] Mon, 23 August 2021 17:28 Go to previous message
Joe Outzen is currently offline Joe OutzenFriend
I figured out what was going on. I updated ProjectA from ExternalLibVersion6.jar to ExteralLibVersion8.jar. But ProjectA's build path also includes ProjectB, which includes ExternalLibVersion6.jar. So even when I created a brand new run configuration within ProjectA, ExternalLibVersion6.jar would show up as a dependency - and it would show up first, which caused all sorts of confusion.

I was looking all over in the config for ProjectA trying to figure out where I missed ExteralLibVersion6.jar, and didn't even think that it would have anything to do with ProjectB.

Thanks for taking the time to think about it.
Previous Topic:How about Adding a "Create a Gist" option to the IDE
Next Topic:Issue to start application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:07:37 GMT 2024