Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » generate a diagram for a model instance(how can I generate a diagram a model instance (for an instance of a metamodel)?)
generate a diagram for a model instance [message #1843212] Tue, 20 July 2021 11:15 Go to next message
Morteza Yaqubkhani is currently offline Morteza YaqubkhaniFriend
Hi,
I've created a metamodel and generated a model from it in EMF. As you know In EMF it is possible to create a diagram for the metamodel using the "initialize ecore diagram".
index.php/fa/40777/0/
However, I want to know how can I generate a diagram for the model instance?

• Attachment: instance.JPG
    (Size: 41.37KB, Downloaded 255 times)
Re: generate a diagram for a model instance [message #1843215 is a reply to message #1843212] Tue, 20 July 2021 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

This is unfortunately one of the major omissions of the Eclipse EMF-based modeling capabilities. See Bug 537739 [1].

You can develop a custom diagram editor for a specific metamodel using Sirius.

However EMF has powerful reflective/dynamic capabilities that support the Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor display of any instance model.

When I needed such a facility for a workshop paper; see Fig 2 of [2] I therefore created a similar capability using Sirius that you can find as org.eclipse.qvtd.xml.design. However I must confess that I find it really hard to use since I have so far not devoted sufficient time to to providing the simple "Initialize Refective Ecore Diagram" action. Instead I get lost in the difficulties of declaring viewpoints and diagrams in an irregular perspective.

Regards

Ed Willink

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=537739

[2] http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/ocl/docs/publications/OCL2019Visuals/OCLVisualization.pdf
Re: generate a diagram for a model instance [message #1843237 is a reply to message #1843215] Wed, 21 July 2021 08:20 Go to previous message
Morteza Yaqubkhani is currently offline Morteza YaqubkhaniFriend
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply. I will look at it.

regards,
Morteza
Previous Topic:Using OCL in xcore
Next Topic:Cannot instantiate generics in tree editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:07:20 GMT 2024