Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink perfomance issue (QueryImpl)
EclipseLink perfomance issue (QueryImpl) [message #1841829] Mon, 31 May 2021 13:27 Go to next message
Dennis Melzer is currently offline Dennis MelzerFriend
I am currently analyzing a performance issue with Eclipse Link. I see in the Profiler that a call takes 7 seconds. The methode org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.QueryImpl.getResultList needs 6 seconds of this and the SELECT about 0.5-1 second. Test is: SELECT returns 500, 1000, 1500 data records. The SELECT takes a little longer with more object, the method always takes the same execution time. Also on the database directly, I see that the SELECT execution time corresponds to this time 0.5-1 second.

So I wonder where is the time wasted? What makes this method so special that it takes 6 seconds? Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

Does the object take so long to create?
Re: EclipseLink perfomance issue (QueryImpl) [message #1841840 is a reply to message #1841829] Tue, 01 June 2021 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Radek Felcman is currently offline Radek FelcmanFriend
Hello,

without some test case and environment description it's hard to say. Method
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.QueryImpl.getResultList(...)
is more or less return point from EclipseLink logic.
As a test case we need Entity, persistence.xml and operation called above EntityManager.
As an environment: used DB, JDCB driver, EclipseLink version.
Is it compared same environment? I mean to eliminate network latency? But it's just idea.
Re: EclipseLink perfomance issue (QueryImpl) [message #1841875 is a reply to message #1841840] Tue, 01 June 2021 16:49 Go to previous message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
Hello,

There are a few other considerations than just the query operations within the database. Things like JDBC statement fetch size (https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1221/toplink/solutions/performance.htm#CHDDJCAC ) can be tweaked to improve performance, which are detailed in quite a few places. For starters, see

Previous Topic:Stored procedure call does not work with entity object
Next Topic:JAXB/Moxy @XmlPath(".") conflicts with the XMLAdapter during the unmarshalling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:33:46 GMT 2024