Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » C++ does not support int(error: C++ does not support int)
C++ does not support int [message #1841118] Tue, 04 May 2021 11:46 Go to next message
Asha Diggi is currently offline Asha DiggiFriend
Hi all,

I am running a simple helloworld program in VC++,

But getting the error "C++ does not support int",,

please find the attachment and help me to solve these issues.

Regards,
Asha
  • Attachment: vc++.PNG
    (Size: 92.35KB, Downloaded 56 times)
Re: C++ does not support int [message #1841119 is a reply to message #1841118] Tue, 04 May 2021 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
It helps to understand how to use your tools.
The first error message is lloc.h(72,30). error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
The second is lloc.h(72,21). error C2146: syntax error: missing ';' before identifier '_callnewh'

It's saying that it does not support a default (return value) of int
because the C++ language doesn't support it
and NOT that it doesn't support int.

The error is in file lloc.h at line 72 and likely there is an undefined type preceding _callnewh.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2916691/visual-c-compiler-error-c4430

If lloc.h is not yours then it's likely something Visual C++ pulled in from its built-in includes
and there's probably something that needs additional setup when using Visual.
What it is can't be determined from what you've given here although someone might happen to know.

This is not a CDT issue which is the topic of this forum.
You should be asking this at a site devoted to Microsoft Visual C++ and not here.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 May 2021 12:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: C++ does not support int [message #1841294 is a reply to message #1841119] Tue, 11 May 2021 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darcie Metoyer is currently offline Darcie MetoyerFriend
For me, all of these things seem easily avoidable if she uses a different code language to create the site. I got a company that built my site and enabled an automatic function into my in-site emails after I asked them. I learned my lesson from the corporate years of my life and applied them to my business plan. We all know how annoying can thousands of emails be and the time you need to spend handling them. They have this unique coding skills that are designed to pair with your company needs and the function they added and uses Symfony SaaS has enabled me to funnel my emails and handle my databases with ease.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 May 2021 00:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: C++ does not support int [message #1844069 is a reply to message #1841294] Tue, 31 August 2021 07:10 Go to previous message
Ada Fran is currently offline Ada FranFriend
Using the standard library uclibc it works

To use BIND, you need to start the named daemon. Through your admin panel on 192.168.o.1, you can do this by running the named binary.

Previous Topic:Another senior moment - which perspective to use?
Next Topic:'SetDefaultDllDirectories': is not a member of '`global namespace''
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:27:09 GMT 2024