Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Can't get repositories to checkout properly
[CDO] Can't get repositories to checkout properly [message #1840078] Tue, 06 April 2021 12:32 Go to next message
Oliver Gardiner is currently offline Oliver GardinerFriend
I'm new to CDO - we are currently using Papyrus with Papyrus Compare and EGit - but keen to see if CDO is better for collaboration. Have downloaded the latest server with Oomph and can run that ok. In any client based on 2020-12 and up, if I add the server and then try a "Checkout As" the Finish button at the end of the wizard doesn't do anything (looking at the workspace log, it throws an exception setting a Property as part of the Finish action).

If I do a simple "Checkout", I can se the repository in the Project view and can add folders and models but it won't let me add a Papyrus model to it (it doesn't recognised the repo as a valid parent).

I have tried creating local repositories rather than connecting to the local "remote" one and I get exactly the same result. If there's something I'm doing wrong I'd be grateful for any pointers!

Thanks
Re: [CDO] Can't get repositories to checkout properly [message #1840092 is a reply to message #1840078] Tue, 06 April 2021 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
That exception (with its stacktrace) might help me understand your problem.

The only not obvious step that you might have missed is the deployment of the CDO-native versions of all the meta models used in Papyrus. They can be found in https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus-collaborativemodeling.git/tree/cdo , but I currently do not know if/where the Papyrus team provides them in the form of p2 repositories. At least you can (should) check whether you're currently using the "normal" (in CDO terms "legacy") versions of these models. Just specify the system property -Dorg.eclipse.emf.cdo.view.REPORT_LEGACY_MODELS=true and watch the consol while you're working with Papyrus.

Re: [CDO] Can't get repositories to checkout properly [message #1840124 is a reply to message #1840078] Wed, 07 April 2021 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only p2 repository seems to be on the CI instance: https://hudson.eclipse.org/papyrus/job/Papyrus-CDO/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/repository/

Re: [CDO] Can't get repositories to checkout properly [message #1840142 is a reply to message #1840092] Wed, 07 April 2021 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Gardiner is currently offline Oliver GardinerFriend
Apologies - should have included the stack trace, which is below:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2021-03-30 14:14:32.806
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.putVal(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1011)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.put(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1006)
at java.base/java.util.Properties.put(Properties.java:1337)
at java.base/java.util.Properties.setProperty(Properties.java:225)
at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.explorer.ui.checkouts.wizards.CheckoutRootObjectPage.fillProperties(CheckoutRootObjectPage.java:337)
at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.explorer.ui.checkouts.wizards.CheckoutWizard.performFinish(CheckoutWizard.java:166)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:832)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:472)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.lambda$0(Dialog.java:619)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$$Lambda$193/0000000000000000.accept(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.events.SelectionListener$1.widgetSelected(SelectionListener.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4209)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1043)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4026)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3626)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:823)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:799)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler$Import.executeHandler(WizardHandler.java:153)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler.execute(WizardHandler.java:283)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:283)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:97)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:58)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:319)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:253)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:173)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:156)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:488)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:487)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:213)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.executeCommand(LegacyHandlerService.java:389)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.executeCommand(LegacyHandlerService.java:366)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.helpers.EmptyWorkspaceHelper$ImportAction.run(EmptyWorkspaceHelper.java:406)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.helpers.EmptyWorkspaceHelper$1.linkActivated(EmptyWorkspaceHelper.java:284)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.handleActivate(AbstractHyperlink.java:215)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.handleMouseUp(AbstractHyperlink.java:309)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.lambda$3(AbstractHyperlink.java:117)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink$$Lambda$160/0000000000000000.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4209)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1043)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4026)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3626)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1157)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1046)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:644)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$$Lambda$208/0000000000000000.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:551)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:156)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:152)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1461)

I will also look at the metamodel deployment (which I was indeed unaware of).

Many thanks
Re: [CDO] Can't get repositories to checkout properly [message #1840425 is a reply to message #1840142] Thu, 15 April 2021 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could reproduce your problem and I can confirm that it's not at all related to Papyrus. If you submit a bugzilla I'll analyze and fix the problem with high priority.

Re: [CDO] Can't get repositories to checkout properly [message #1840683 is a reply to message #1840425] Thu, 22 April 2021 06:05 Go to previous message
I've submitted the bugzilla and resolved it: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=573071

Previous Topic:[CDO]Identify the author of a CDOCommit
Next Topic:Code Generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:49:52 GMT 2024